• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question about 'sleeve'

mr97

Is the sleeve a better option for a large volume eater (mainly takeaways, junk & high fat carbohydrate foods) than the bypass procedure?

The topic of grazing and volume eating was touched upon at a WLS seminar I attended last month, but due to being nervous I never spoke-out and asked for more for more info - I hadn't left my flat for years so I was feeling panicky and well out of my comfort zone.

Rightly or wrongly I come away from the talk assuming that 'bypass' surgery would better suit someone with a sweet tooth or eats throughout the day so that they'd benefit from mal-absorbtion of calories etc.
From what I've read about the sleeve procedure already, it appears to be the ideal tool for me.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
All procedures are restrictive but with the bypass as you said you have the added malabsorption to aide weight loss.

So yes the sleeve will stop you from consuming a large volume of food. I'ts then up to you which type of foods you eat.

Good luck on your journey! x

Last edited:

mr97

Thank you Mazza