• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone wish they'd had the sleeve instead?

Penelope, what did you decide to have?

On Penelope's info on the left hand side it *says* "Gastric Sleeve" on 29 January 2012 .... but hopefully Penelope will pop along to confirm.

On Penelope's info on the left hand side it *says* "Gastric Sleeve" on 29 January 2012 .... but hopefully Penelope will pop along to confirm.

Yes I saw that, but It says that Right at the beginning too - So I thought I would ask her what her final decision was.

Yes I saw that, but It says that Right at the beginning too - So I thought I would ask her what her final decision was.

It says that right at the beginning because whenever you edit your User CP (left hand panel details) it changes it EVERYWHERE, including all previous posts.

I was going to have the bypass but changed to the sleeve because the pyloric valve would still work and the ghrelin homone would be removed. My appetite has completely changed since the op. I dont want to lose weight really quickly, i want to do it over 2 years and hopefully tone up alongside the weight loss. Both work but you could regain with any surgery, you can cheat the operation if you want to. As they say its only a tool.
Kim

I for one have no regrets about having the bypass but i suppose id feel the same way if id had the sleeve its kinda difficult to compare the two when they give more or less the same outcome.

hi penelope pink,
i'm new to the site too - so welcome.
i had the very same dilemma as you and, although i haven't had my operation yet [scheduled for 08th march 2012] i decided on the gastric sleeve option.
the overiding factors being [in my personal opinion based on loadsa research]
a] sleeve op less invasive than bypass
b] possible slower weight loss which hopefully may lead to less 'sagging' of excess skin
c] less chance of 'dumping' occurring
it is a tough decision and, because i have lots of additional health issues i ultimately felt the gastric sleeve op would be safer for me personally and my consultant agreed. he even added that if for whatever reason the sleeve didn't work well for me, he could always do a bypass in the future.
there are loads of very supportive and experienced people on this site and i'm sure you will receive lots of feedback.
good luck to you darlin
loadsa love n' stuff

what a plonker i am.
don't ask me why or how but i thought this was a recent post!!
as i said i am new to the site and i now realise that you have actually had your op and it seems to have been a success. brilliant news

Back