• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recalled back to Dr

helekisapa

I have been asked to visit the Consultant again before surgery to talk about the best options forward for me. As this type of thing happened to my sister in law I am thinking that maybe they will decide that the best way for me will be the band and not the bypass. Did this happen with anyone else before surgery?

Hiya, yes the day of my surgery i was called in the office and two surgeons told me they may not be able to do the bypass or a sleeve if they cant work round my hernia. so i had to be prepared to wake up and have nothing done.. but i woke up to be told that they did the bypass but it took 3 hours instead of an hour and half xx

I have been asked to visit the Consultant again before surgery to talk about the best options forward for me. As this type of thing happened to my sister in law I am thinking that maybe they will decide that the best way for me will be the band and not the bypass. Did this happen with anyone else before surgery?

I know a few people who were asked if they wanted the band instead of a bypass at WM on the day of surgery.

Got to admit if I had woken up with a band instead of a bypass I wouldn't have been very happy.

Stick to your guns helekisapa if you want a bypass tell them.
Some PCTs have stopped offering bands due to the cost of aftercare

My surgeon asked me to go through my understanding of both and why bypass would suit me best.

My weight management physician tried to convince me to have a band or do it myself lol

Not sure why they do it. It's annoying!!!

When I first met with the surgeon he started talking about the band and I launched into my history (having lost and regained 15 stone, 10 stone and 17 stone 10lbs) and why the by-pass was for me - and in the face of my knowledge/research he agreed.
A year later he tried to switch me to a sleeve - but that is another story!

I found 'weight loss surgery for dummies' really useful research (didn't know about here then!)

Stick to your guns and don't be fobbed off x good luck!

Sent via telephonic magic!

Back