• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My nephews.

Tyraboots

My nephews, aged 8,7,6 are out of control. They run rings around my sister in law. The eldest is a consumate liar. It has got to the point with him where my sister in law will actually get us both together, me and him and examine our sides of the story! This happened yesterday for the last time.
I'm on the milk diet this week, they have stayed 3 nights in a row cos she's decorating.
There is a building site complete with cement mixers, big lorries etc directly behind my house where they are building some houses. Despite talking, explaining and shouting about how dangerous it is, how it is trespass to go there, the eldest still nips over the fence and goes there.
I was so frazzled, I actually senselessly ploughed through half a plate of left over curry. My sister in law caught me eating and seemed absolutely delighted I'd fallen off the wagon.
Halfway through last evening he was at it again, I told my sister in law he was there, he denied it. She tried to do her cross examination, and I yelled at him, you won't be calling me a liar and I told her to take them home, I had had enough of them. They have a negative effect on my daughter, and my house and obviously my nerves. She looked embarrased, but I have definately had enough of them. Hopefully after the surgery I can keep them out of the house for a few weeks on the basis of 'resting'.
Nightmare.

OMG sounds as if you had teeny terrors living with you. Its alaways so difficult when you can see what is happening but mum is blind to it. To be truthful she probabaly isnt blind and knows fine well what they are like but is in denial. Don't beat yourself up about eating the curry i did it too and fortunatly suffrered no ill effects. I would def say you do not need them around post op and you do have to rest so very justified in saying no xx

Awww.. all that and you've got your own things to think about! You get a gold star from me for just eating half a plate!! *ha ha* .x.x.x.

Tell her to keep her kids at home if she cant control them,its her fault hasnt brought them up to respect anything.Other people decorate when the kids are at school cant she?Dont feel obliged to have them cos its family,this is your time say no!Tell her when she has taught them to behave they can visit but not before,and if she falls out with you would you really miss such a negative person in your life? Maz x

Tell her to keep her kids at home if she cant control them,its her fault hasnt brought them up to respect anything.Other people decorate when the kids are at school cant she?Dont feel obliged to have them cos its family,this is your time say no!Tell her when she has taught them to behave they can visit but not before,and if she falls out with you would you really miss such a negative person in your life? Maz x

Totally agree with this.

Refuse to have them. You dont need the stress whilst you are on the pre op diet and you certainly dont need it when you are post op.

I know its family, but they are not your responsibility so dont feel bad.

Totally agree with Maz. I don't have rug rats so am biased anyway but they sound like a nightmare. You need to concentrate on you for a while.

Maz is so right. Its not your place to set the boundaries thats their mothers. You did the right thing entirely and should stick to it in the future.

If you have them again make sure that you say quite clearly that the minute any of them step out of line then you will be right on the phone sending them back again and mean it. In my experience kids respect knowing where those boundaries are and will play up without them.

I have a foster daughter that I've had since she was about 18 months old on and off (she's now 7). When she is with us she is a little angel but when she is with her mother she is hell on earth and its purely because her mother hasn't laid down the ground rules and those that she has put in place she doesn't stick too.

You've got enough on your plate as it is anyway without this selfish woman palming these naughty kids on you, look after yourself right now and let her worry about her kids herself (what on earth is she doing questioning your integrity in front of the child in the first place and certainly sending the child the wrong message? That alone would have me fuming). you need to be as strong as you can be, physically and mentally over the next few weeks.

If it were my nephews I would tell my SIL that they aren't to come back until she has taught them some manners and discipline. My moto is 'my house my rules' so if they cant obey them they're not to be coming round anymore. After your op they are the last things you will need around your house so make this CRYSTAL CLEAR as you will need all the rest you can get

Good Luck x

Back