• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

recommendation for the best aftercare clinic pls

Tules

Hello All,
One minute I am definitely sure to go ahead with surgery - finally living without thinking of my weight. Next I am worried about the operation. Stories about lack of after care is also a worry. Any recommendations for a clinic in London? Also, does the operation stop that bottomless pit stomach feeling? I eat healthily but in front of tv snacking on nuts t h e downfall. Also lack of connection btw tummy and brain - hope you know what I mean. Thank you Tules.

Last edited:
Simple answer - don't get a band without a good aftercare package included.

It's vital that you have access to a dietician as well as a bariatric nurse. Paying for aftercare as and when you need it but for potentially three plus years would cost a lot more than a package with the op and aftercare included.

Hello All, One minute I am definitely sure to go ahead with surgery - finally living without thinking of my weight. Next I am worried about the operation. Stories about lack of after care is also a worry. Any recommendations for a clinic in London? Also, does the operation stop that bottomless pit stomach feeling? I eat healthily but in front of tv snacking on nuts t h e downfall. Also lack of connection btw tummy and brain - hope you know what I mean. Thank you Tules.

Hi Tules... Bypass defo stops the bottomless pit feeling. ( I had a mini gastric bypass 6 weeks ago). You are full and satisfied with VERY small amounts of food. I carnt comment on a band but believe it requires more discipline to succeed. Try and do lots of research on the different surgeries to work out what would be best for you and your mind set. I went abroad so have little after care except my GP but a band does require more because of fills etc.... Very best of luck with whatever you decide on.

Back