• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recommendations : Nuts! And Bacon ...

ditzyangeluk

I'm just over 6 weeks RNY post op ... I have a craving for 'something nutty/cerealy' kind of thing (like the Roasted Nut Tracker Bar!) Also, craving Corn Flakes!
rolleyes.gif

So, any recommendations?
confused.gif

The ones I can find are either high in fat &/or sugar - which are definite no-nos!
eek.gif
And, just to be awkward, I don't like dried fruit, raisins, sultanas, etc (checked out the meusli) Oh, & not good with wheat!! I just want the nutty thing & would love cereal bars of some kind (but not fruity!) I know, a tall order!

The Corn Flakes - they have a lot of sugar in them, even the Special K kind. (Am wary of that dumping lark!!)

Bacon .. just found the joys of Matessons Turkey Rashers (gorgeous!) which are high in protein but low on other stuff. But can't find nutritional values on bacon. Anyone?

Any ideas anyone with these hankerings for an awkward annie!!??

Many thanx
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hi....

I am fine with the Special K bars......... and with special K ceral... I am liek you don't eat dried fruit or anything like that!!!!!!

Hope that helps

Helloooooooo :)

I have pistachio nuts sometimes, not a huge lot, just enough to satisfy my nibbles.

I also have Special K cereal bars quite regularly (don't always find time for breakfast) and they don't make me dump at all.

For nutritional values and things like that have a look at Weight Loss Resources you can log what you eat in a day and it will calculate the nutrition for everything.

Have you thought of trying Quorn or Realeat bacon? Tasty, high in protein and very low in fat... :D

Oh, and as I am a veggie I have organic NAS peanut butter occassionally for protein... yum!!!

x

Concerned about the fat in nuts - or is it the 'good' fats that they contain!??!

Also, have read some people have peanut butter .. surely that is waaaay high in fats?!?!

Hi
Like Shel i also like Pastacio nuts and dont seem to have a problem eating them, at 6 weeks i tried to avoid heavy sticky foods like nut or museli bars as i found them heavy and hard to chew up and get through.
I had dinner out on Friday with an attractive lady, and it was the fist time i'd eaten out since my op, although i only managed a small amount of my dinner it did make me feel good knowing to some degree i'm now back in the land of the living, i even managed some real Yorkshire black pudding this morning at breakfast too, which impressed me. :D

Richard

They are good fats in nuts, but yes they are high in fats so its a case of just a little. I have about 10 pistachios which isn't enough to make me dump, but we are all different.

They are good fats in nuts, but yes they are high in fats so its a case of just a little. I have about 10 pistachios which isn't enough to make me dump, but we are all different.

10 :eek: i eat half a bag before i've had enough ! and dont dump either lol :D

LOL richard a bag lasts me about 2 weeks :)

Also, have read some people have peanut butter .. surely that is waaaay high in fats?!?!

You could say the same about cheese... but it's one of the recommended items for calcium and protein as I am a veggie and my Dietician gave me detailed lists of the best foods to eat, all in moderation.

No added sugar, organic Whole Earth PB is fine... and a teaspoon three times a week is hardly harmful!!! :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, if I get the thumbs up from Shaw, that's good enough for me...

x

Been trawling the net looking for recipes for Nutty Cereal Bars that I could maybe make myself (& I'm not exactly the 'make stuff' kind of person!) Trouble is, they are all made with sugar, syrup, cornsyrup, marshmallows or chocolate, which is obviously to hold them together. Bit of a bummer really!

Been trawling the net looking for recipes for Nutty Cereal Bars that I could maybe make myself (& I'm not exactly the 'make stuff' kind of person!) Trouble is, they are all made with sugar, syrup, cornsyrup, marshmallows or chocolate, which is obviously to hold them together. Bit of a bummer really!

Hey Ditzy - why not make a cake or some sort of nutty cerial bar and just have a little, as a bypasser you may find that you dont dump, not all of us dump and can eat or drink pretty much anything.

Had my first post op G&T on Friday night, in fact i was enjoying the company so much i broke the bank and had a second !

Oh and Ditzy, Friday i was out with someone who has become very special to me ! need i say anymore lol

R :D

Hey Ditzy - why not make a cake or some sort of nutty cerial bar and just have a little, as a bypasser you may find that you dont dump, not all of us dump and can eat or drink pretty much anything.

Had my first post op G&T on Friday night, in fact i was enjoying the company so much i broke the bank and had a second !

Oh and Ditzy, Friday i was out with someone who has become very special to me ! need i say anymore lol

R :D

MAKE a cake!! :eek: My hubby will think all his Xmas's have come at once!! ... Talking of which ... Need you say more indeed?!?!? ;)

Back