• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restless leg syndrome

chris2710

For the last week or so I have been suffering terribly from this. It mainly affects me from the ankles down and I spend a good two hours kicking and moving my feet before I can fall asleep. There's a strange feeling in my feet as well bit like burning/pins and needles. Sometimes massaging cream into my feet/heels/ankles helps but not always. It only seems to affect me before going to sleep on awakening there's no sign of it.

hi ive had it for years, have it now..... sitting with legs up as i write, sleep is the only cure i know, have tried magnesium which is supposed to help, but no success. early to bed for me most nights as i cannot stand it!

chris2710 said:
For the last week or so I have been suffering terribly from this. It mainly affects me from the ankles down and I spend a good two hours kicking and moving my feet before I can fall asleep. There's a strange feeling in my feet as well bit like burning/pins and needles. Sometimes massaging cream into my feet/heels/ankles helps but not always. It only seems to affect me before going to sleep on awakening there's no sign of it.

I find a tight fitting pair of socks works wonders! Not very sexy but works for me!

I have it too, all the way up my legs; it's so painful. It wakes me up too, and I find it difficult to get back to sleep with the pain. I take extra magnesium, valerian, and quinine. Seems to help.

yes i find tight stockings help also quinnene, and donperidon sounds a bit like a champers, the feeling is horrible i can rearly sleep with it i wish i could chop my legs off. xxx

It's horrid. I have to go a walk a couple of hours before bed when I going through a restless legs phase. It has settled down a lot now, but straight after my op I seemed to have it in my arms too !

Miss Tickle said:
It's horrid. I have to go a walk a couple of hours before bed when I going through a restless legs phase. It has settled down a lot now, but straight after my op I seemed to have it in my arms too !

I also get it in my hands and I have some cycling gloves which I wear to bed. They are quite tight and don't make my hands sweat so a real god send!

I know what you mean...i get it really bad on an evening but mainly just when Im.tired. Drives me MAD lol!

Iv been suffering with this for a few months now and quite severely.. Doc has now put me on Gabapentin which has worked miracles... As soon as I don't take a dose its right back.. I really feel for anyone who has this.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

Restless Leg Syndrome can also occur as a side effect of coming off painkillers ( the opiates such as codeine, tramadol, morphine etc..) I know as a gastric bypasser, we cannot absorb these into our system anymore like we used to. So if you have been taking these pre op, you may find that your body goes through some kind of withdrawal, including restless leg syndrome...maybe thats not why you have it, still, it is one reason some people suffer with it.

I say the same as above. If you have recently come off Tramadol I get the same symptoms cand describe it only that I am over aware of my legs, drove me mad. I had a word with my GP and he said dont stop taking the tramadol, so its been 12 years to date that I have been taking them twice daily for a bad back. Now I've just has a sleeve op they have changed my tramadol to 2 small capsuals 4 time daily luckily without problem so far.

Oh crap ! I take tramadol and cocodamol and other drugs and they hardly offer me much relief as it is :(

Oh crap ! I take tramadol and cocodamol and other drugs and they hardly offer me much relief as it is :(

I was just thinking the same! really worried now. I am on fentanyl patches as Tramadol were no longer any good. I wonder what will happen with that? i am also on 2 different NSAID's. I have read that i shouldnt take these after the op either. my surgeon knows what i am on and hasnt mentioned it yet so guess i will have to wait and see. hopefully with less weight i will be less pain eventually?

Back