• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass return of me and my big mouth...

chubby funster

Noooooooooooooooooo! My run away gob has done it again. The outcome of an incredibly long drawn out story is that I'm going for a skiing lesson tomorrow night. There will be 18stone of pure lard bombing it down the indoor slopes!! Had anyone else tried it whilst they've been less than svelte?! I'm dreading it! I'd love to be able to do it oh and i are off to Canada in four weeks so would be nice to go on piste with him rather than on p15sed by myself! But still far too heavy. The id hoped to have shed another two stones before I got there :--(

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I think you're very brave with balls of steel to be doing this. I'd want an ambulance parked up at the bottom of the slope, with a St Bernard with a flask around his neck on standby.

That aside,you'll probably have a great time, and your muscles will let you know how you got on the next day! Have fun!

You'll be fine and fabulous. There will be larger folk there-honest. Although not nearly as brave as you I went tobogganing and Tubing the other week . I'm really scared of slippy things and of not being in control. I was also scared I wouldn't be able to get down onto the sledge or ring and that my ass would either not fit in or become lodged forever. I was even more worried that once down that low I wouldn't be able to get back up again. In the end it was totally exhilarating, I had great fun and my confidence soared! I'd never have done it pre-op.
Enjoy your lesson and your holiday xxx

There will be 18stone of pure lard bombing it down the indoor slopes!!

Well far better than 24 stone of pure lard bombing down the slopes, I expect! :D

I'm sure it is because you feel so much more energetic and confident since having lost over 6 stone that you feel like doing things like this.

ENJOY -- I'm sure you will not break the Guinness World Records for largest or heaviest person ever to don a ski suit, so go for it !!! :p

Thanks all. If I'm not laid up in traction tomorrow I'll update you on the comedy that I'm sure will ensue!!!

Believe in yourself and you can do anything, that's always been my motto. So embrace how far you've come and by the time you go on holiday you will be an expert.
Best wishes

I'm alive and intact!!! What an absolute scream!! I would recommend it to anyone!

I used to go skiing regularly when I was a teenager & would like to think I could still ski now but think I may be a bit deluded ... I seem to have developed severe accident proneness as an adult that was not there as a teen, lol ... It really is fun though & I wish you all the very best for your Canadian Holiday, mwah xxx :):)

You should have a go. You can show me how its done! One successful snow plough and i think im Franz Klammer!!

You should have a go. You can show me how its done! One successful snow plough and i think im Franz Klammer!!

Tee Hee :) lot of water under that particular bridge :) Can you have avalanches on an indoor slope, lol :eek: My style would be more Eddie Eagle now, I think. :D:D Glad you enjoyed it, babe ... you will get better as you confidence grows. Fantastic exercise too, so you may come back from Canada a whole lot slimmer than when you went :):):)

he he i am soo glad i am part of this forum,
was feeling a bit down in the mouth reading this post made me chuckle, xxx

The best thing about skiing is that it doesn't matter how large or small you are. Eventually you will fall flat on your bum, with your skiis sticking up in the air while you do the snow angel wiggle of trying to get up!

(I was and hopefully still am an excellent skier;) )

Lesson two tonight, after about half an hour instructor information us he was taking us on the main slope.... Argh!! I was petrified!!!! Really struggling with turns so yvessa and other skiers... Help!!!!

Keep your knees bent! The one thing I always found was that if I panicked during a turn I would try to straighten up and that would be it for me! Knees bent and weight forward should help you make those turns.

That's definitely my problem I do lean back and panic. X

God you are funny :D:D but impressive too :):)
Use your hips & knees to guide you into the turn but don't lean back or your bottom half will get away from you. Have you mastered the snowplough? If so you can usually save yourself with this. Good luck, lovely xxx :wave_cry:

your braver than me but have funx

Yeah I've sussed the plough. Last week that caused greif until I sussed it. I hope that once I get to grips with turns ill cope!! The poor instructor went backwards in front of me on the big slope and said its ok ill stop you if you lose control!!! He must think he's superman!!!! 18 stone at what feels like 90 mph!! Ha!

That's definitely my problem I do lean back and panic. X

I do this in many non-ski-slope related situations !

Back