• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RIP Angie Dowds

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
omg thats so sad :( R.I.P Angie xxx

She was pretty tough on the show but occasionally you got to see her softer side and she obviously cared about the contestants a lot.

Don't watch the programme so don't know who she is but still stunned that someone so young & with so much to live for has taken this decision to end her life ... Hope her poor relatives are OK & she is now at peace :sigh: x

I didn't watch the program but her face is familiar...how low someone must be to do this I cannot even begin to guess.

My thoughts are with her family at this terrible time, Hopefully she is now at peace

I was totally gutted.

Back in 2007 I actually met both Jodie Prenger and Angie Dowds. At that time Jodie had just won the original UK Biggest Loser comp, and was at size 10 and very fitness oriented. Jodie decided to set up a "fitcamp" business with Angie Dowds.

In the summer of July 2007 I attended a 3 day "fitcamp" / bootcamp where we stayed at a hotel in Horley, Surrey and were fed tiny mini meals (I thought it was only about 500 cals a day) and marched into doing about 6 hrs of exercise a day !!!

Jodie was *lovely* (this was before she won the role of Nancy and decided to be happier at a size 14/16).

Angie was also nice (in her non training moments!). During training she was a sergeant major pain in the kneck, but she did appear to really care about people, and about the results.

Am so sad to learn that she had inner demons, and as so often the case, it was the breakdown of a personal relationship which led to the suicide.

Gutted to read this, RIP Angie x.

Omg!!! :( R.I.P Angie xxx

As someone who is facing a diametrically opposed struggle I find the waste of a life to be tragic. Lord knows what drove this lovely lady to take her own life but my sympathy lies with her family and friends who are left to deal with the aftermath

Karlos said:
As someone who is facing a diametrically opposed struggle I find the waste of a life to be tragic. Lord knows what drove this lovely lady to take her own life but my sympathy lies with her family and friends who are left to deal with the aftermath

I know :( That's what I always think. The poor people left behind must be devastated :( xxx

It's so sad and frustrating when someone takes their own life. I've battled depression for years and come very close to the edge. At the time I would have said I was convinced suicide was the right way to go. But in retrospect, after time and treatment, each time I would be thankful that I was still alive. It's such a shame that Angie succeeded in what might have been an impulsive and later regretted act if she'd only survived.

So very tragic. God rest her soul.
Her poor family and close friends will suffer for a long time to come. having so very nearly been in this position myself I can safely say the devastation and pain they will be feeling is immeasurable. They have my heartfelt sympathy.

OMG thats awful, so young too x

Only God knows why someone who seems to have everything takes the decision to take her own life. It is scaring that people isolate themselves so much to go to this point, my sympathy lies with her family and friends. Rest in peace Angie.

Debbie15 said:
Only God knows why someone who seems to have everything takes the decision to take her own life. It is scaring that people isolate themselves so much to go to this point, my sympathy lies with her family and friends. Rest in peace Angie.

I guess there is a pressure to appear happy when you seem to have everything. But the inner torture is the same has the rest of us who have suffered depression. I would hate to be a celebrity. Especially one with depression. Such a sad loss :(

This is an awful shame, angle was like a pitbul with a heart of gold, and that came across on screen.

She must of been in such a state leading up to her death, it makes me so sad to know how desperate some people can get. I have been so low in the past but never got that low to take my own life, god knows how that must feel like...

I really hope she is at peace now and putting god through his paces on the treadmill!!

RIP Angie, hope your at peace now :(

Back