• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Roller coaster

dawn08

Hi all ,

Just started this journey but it's already consuming my every thought and my emotions are all over the place , wonder if it's worth it . I'm wondering is this normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It was abit of a whirlwind for me when things finally got going. Had first ever appointment (6th Sept) to op (12th Nov) in just over 2 months. Didnt have much time to prepare!

I think its definitely normal. It will play a part in your ever after but is a slimmer, healthier you 100% better than the you now? :)

I was absolutely obsessed with the whole thing when I was first referred but once I got used to how much waiting was involved and got to know 'what happened next' I calmed down a but :)

This is exactly how I was, I think I even posted a thread just like this one. It took over My until I knew I had been accepted. I was referred in April and I am sitting at the hospital now waiting to go up to the ward.

All the best!

Fantastic news apositive , good luck today and Thankyou x

Thanks guys , I think once I know I will relax , at what point in the journey do you find out please ?

Just remembered something GP said when I asked where they do the op. He said you can choose between Dewsbury, leeds or York. So I'm going to go where waiting list is quicker-though don't think my husband will want me going as far as York if I want visits ha. :)

Is that right Leda ? I thought mid Yorkshire only covered Dewsbury , pinderfields and pontefract so that's hopeful news x

Also, I found out the phone number to ring the triage nurse at the health trainers was at Castleford Normanton hospital and they told me I may get my initial apt at Ponte with it being my nearest though not necessarily , but I did . Will ask about that next week .

I wondered where they were based . I do have the contact number for where they send out your appointment from may be the same place x

Also with my apt letter is a questionnaire and pamphlet all about the 12 week diet and exercise they'll put me on, but when the health trainer asked me all about health problems and worked out my bmi she asked what line I wanted to go down and I said surgery, she didn't mention a 12 week course but said "are you alright to attend a 3 hour session of 2 hours diet and 1 hour exercise?" Said there was a 3 month waiting list for it but it's very good. Also said I will receive an apt at some point to sit in on a group. Sounds like a seminar. Hoping now that it means they'll sort me an apt to see surgeon like some others seem to have done without the course? Honestly I need to just wait and see instead of surmising all the time but I can't help it! One more week Eeek :)

It's so difficult isn't it ? I can't stop thinking what if this and that , here's hoping it's quick for you and I can't wait for you to go next week too lol x

What if is there about the diet in the pamphlet please Leda ? X

Just explains they will either put you in a once a week diet and physio class x12 or 1 on 1 of same but they're fortnightly so just 6 of them then some ( presumably those who want surgery) will see dr again. That's about it x

Hi dawn, I think it is completely normal, I'm exactly the same so I certainly hope so! In Sunderland they start with a seminar and since I attended I've been able to think of nothing else, not to mention being a bit envious of those that are having their operations now :(
I'm looking at about 15-18 month wait so it feels like a reaaaaaaally ling wait and at the moment a lot if uncertainty.
But, having said that I'm exactly the same when I start a diet!
As they say - good things come to those who wait - so I am trying to be patient :)
Good luck with your journey, we may be in different areas but sounds like we're around the same stage so hopefully should be able to help each other x

I first applied for surgery almost five years ago and kept getting knocked back and just as I had decided it was never going to happen I was given the go ahead and had op ten days later. It consumed my life from the first day I applied and still can't actually believe its finally happened.

Thank you su2ie , good luck with your journey , I'm not sure I can wait I'm currently trying to raise cash x

Back