• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scars healing..................?

vickykirby

Hi this may be a silly question...but have any of your scars ever had dry blood on them whilst healing?? one of mine has....its not a lot, just when i get up in a morning, its a drop on my nightshirt and on the scar....... only one of them.....wierd???:confused:

Yep one of my little scars on the lower belly weeped a bit for about 2 weeks. I just flushed saline over it and kept it covered.

I think it rubbed on my clothes.

keep it clean and dry, it will heal eventually is there any clothing such as a bra rubbing on that paticular scar ? if so cover it to let it heal. clean and dry is the key. have showers not baths as its getting clean but not soaking the scar & making it soggy.

liz x

thanks..........it is my bottom one, so i think its just catching on my tops. I have been in shower and got some swabs from nurse to dry them on....its not worrying me, as its literally just a small amount, an its always dry xx

not had this myself but i found tea tree oil diluted in cooled boiled water a great natural antiseptic and it soothing for other scars

Back