• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

should i take my laptop?

k4rid4

im wondering if i take my laptop would it be safe? i dont want to get bored while im at hospital.. any suggestions?

I personally wouldn't, I'd take a book,I could lose a book without any issue, but not my laptop, I even left my phone at home until hubby came in in the evening!!

I took one in and got hubby to take it home. I rented the tv and didn't watch it. I took in mags and books and didn't read them. I met some lovely people and talked a lot, and used my phone for access.

I was in and out within 30 hours and managed to watch about 2 hours of telly in that time - the rest was being operated on and the nightime.

eh how come u were only there 30 hours?

eh how come u were only there 30 hours?

I was admitted at 11.30am on the 22nd and discharged about 5-6pm on the 23rd as everything had gone so well and the consultant feels that as there are mostly sick people in hospital it's safer to be at home. He did say I could stay on another day but I knew I'd get more sleep if I was not there!

ooh ye that would be good im not guna get a wink of sleep and nore will anyone else when i start snoring.lol did u take a towel and hair dryer?

Take a towel, hospitals are hot do your hair drys fast. Don't forget earplugs and a blackout eye mask! Good luck x

I'm not sure about your hospital but mine has said no locker so bring no valuables or anything you don't want stolen! :/ So I will be leaving my phone and laptop at home. I hope no-one will steal my clean undies if I take those in! Best of luck with your op x

Good luck today x

not been in for wls but when ive been before i take mp3 player and phone. Can you use laptop in hospital, i was told by by doc they were not allowed and you cant get on internet anyway.

Back