• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness after Eating/Drinking

Louanne79

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this..... I'm nearly 10 weeks post op but now, whenever I eat or drink, regardless of what it is, I have a feeling of sickness after, and half the time actually have to be sick or sleep it off. I'm taking all my meds, including FasTabs, as I should be, but can't seem to shake this off.
I haven't been to work this week because of this, and really want to know if this is something that will pass? I mentioned it at my hospital appt at PRH last week, but they kind of shrugged it off.
Any help appreciated,
Lou
xXx

Poor you. I am afraid I can't help you as I have not had surgery yet, but wanted to wish you better.

x

I often feel like that and I have to admit that it puts me off eating a lot of the time.
You will have to establish what you can and can't eat and stick to what agrees with you I think. I am lucky that I am able to eat as much protein as I want to so I stick to that.
If I were to eat a slice of toast with a thin spread of butter on it I would definately be sick as both bread and butter have a nasty effect on me.
Hope you can get your tolerances sorted soon as I know how horrible it is to feel sick all the time.
The other day I hadn't eaten since the evening before at about 7 and had half a drink of Slimfast before I went out shopping in the late morning of the next day. I 'dumped' whilst I was out, I had to leave the shop I was in (i was dry heaving and foaming at the mouth) I almost messed in my knickers and had to hot tail it to Tesco to use their toilets. I didn't think I was going to make it! I was mortified.
I do hope you get it sorted soon.
I must say that I dont think it is a good idea to do what I do and not eat much at all.
I am going to be talking to Mr Ammori about it when I see him next week and hopefully get some guidance. I have no desire to eat.
Not that I am complaining lol, I am really happy with my weight loss to date.
Lynne x

I suggest you speak with your team Louanne. I never experienced this so can't really offer advice. Maybe you need some anti nausea meds? x

Back