• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness after tablets?

shelleymarie

Anyone else suffer with this? Quite often after I take my tablets (vitamins etc) I feel very sick and often retch until I bring up some froth. It doesn't happen every time but it happens quite often and getting quite fed up of it now. I seem to cope with eating so well these days and it's getting to be quite rare that comes back up but this doesn't seem to be going away. I'm nearly 4 months out and for the first 8 weeks I struggled to keep much down at all so don't know if I'm just a bit sensitive or this is normal. I definitely suffer with some tablets more than others and have got my doctor to change a lot of them to smaller versions etc. I've tried taking them at different times of the day, and one I have to take is meant to be taken with food but obviously can't do that so I make sure I take it half after I've eaten which helps a bit but not by much. Anyway was just wondering if anyone else gets it or use to get it? I'm hoping as time goes on it will happen less...Any advice appreciated. Thanks :)

I had the same problem so I didn't start taking my Forceval until 2 months after my op. Like you I am 4 months post op (today!) but I am OK with taking tablets now so I'm not really sure why you are still suffering. If the tables come in capsules can you break them apart and mix the powder in a drink? I'm not sure by doing this you don't get what you need from then so best to check. maybe it's a mental thing that your body associates with feeling sick so before you even take them the nausea kicks in? Try tricking your mind into thinking that your meds are go for you and that by taking them you will feel stronger and not sick. The mind is a wonderful thing... it's worth a try ;)

I take 8 tablets at a time and when I was in hospital having had my bypass the nurses used to crush all my tablets and put them in a drink for me. Didn't taste fab but got them down without being solid. You could crush them (pill crushers cheap in the chemist) and stir them into a fromage frais or yogurt or something. I've done that with tablets for the kids before.

Hope that helps.

Kate x

I get that sometimes, I am a couple of weeks behind you. Mine all go down ok apart from my vitamin tablets, I have tried several brands and get the same result whatever I do. I will mention it next time I am in for a check up.
I find it easier to take the tablets I have to take with cold milk.

My forceval made me really queasy when i took them with breakfast so i take them at night now & feel fine. I space the others out but always leave at leave an hour in between. Warm drinks or a sugerfree polo always help me when feeling a bit yuk.

Thanks so much for the tips everyone. Definitely going to try them. I'm am wondering if you are right fading grace about part of it being in my head because It has got to the stage now where I have to build myself up to taking them. Will have to work on getting my head round it! Thanks again :) x

Back