• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Skinny Latte anyone?!

Roccosmummy

I've decided on the convenience and small outlay on a pod/capsule coffee machine. I can't decide between a tassimo, dolce gusto and senseo. I'm opting for one where I can buy the pods from tesco so I can earn avios whilst drinking coffee!!

The thing is I'm unsure which lattes and cappuccinos I will be able to have once I've had my bypass. I love the naughty sweet lattes but will of course be avoiding sugary high fat drinks.
Dolce gusto sell the skinny latte etc but it is high suger (I think?)
Tassimo don't seem to sell low cal versions but the standard latte appears to have about the same sugar as above and the senseo has even fewer options.

I've no idea what is classed as low sugar for a drink. Can anyone tell me how much sugar per 100ml I should aim below to lessen the chances of dumping?

Or do I scrap the above in favour of a regular ground coffee machine with a milk frother and add my own flavoured sugar free coffee syrups?

I know its 5g or less of sugar per 100g for foods so I would imagine its the same for drinks! 5ml per 100ml.

Id go for the second option and buy all your own stuff. Im pretty sure you can get the syrups sugar free? Its alot of money to spend out if you cant tolerate it post op. Some peoples tastes change completely! :)

I think you're right. I shall be buying the sugar free syrups for my milk diet anyway so it would make sense. At least I'll know exactly how much skimmed milk and sweetener etc will be going in to each coffee. The pods seem to contain lots of crap!
Best find some extra pennies for a proper machine ;-/

Did you see this website? .... Bariatric megastore
It sells high protein, low sugar products and a big range of syrups :)))

As a bander I have no issues with dumping but I love my Nespresso machine, I drink my coffee black and use Truvia sweeteners, we have a separate milk frother for lattes and cappuccinos. The downside is that it is expensive but it does make great coffee!

I've got a dolce gusto machine, but since op I tend to just have the coffee and add my own hot milk. Have gone off the taste of the whitener that comes with cappucino and lattes :(

I've got a tassimo and it's rubbish. If your going to buy a pod machine, get a nespresso. They're a little more expensive but much better. Or you could go for the dualit Espressivo 3 in 1 machine that has a milk frother and takes two pod types and ground coffee. That's what I'm buying myself for Christmas.

I've got a tassimo and it's rubbish. If your going to buy a pod machine, get a nespresso. They're a little more expensive but much better. Or you could go for the dualit Espressivo 3 in 1 machine that has a milk frother and takes two pod types and ground coffee. That's what I'm buying myself for Christmas.

I recently had a great machine for both pods and ground coffee and with a built in milk tank and automatic steamer. It was amazeballs until it stopped working. I got the money back but couldn't get another as no longer stocked. It was bought half price and I just didn't have the budget to get another make at full price. I've been machine less for 5 months now :-(
Spent the money on other people so back to square one with now only a small budget. Think I'll have to wait till January sales! No fair

Let me know how you get on with the dualit ;-)

I love my tassimo. I tend to make Costa Americano using it, then add frothed milk to it seperately - I'm not a fan of whiteners. It does make lovely coffee:)

I love my tassimo. I tend to make Costa Americano using it, then add frothed milk to it seperately - I'm not a fan of whiteners. It does make lovely coffee:)

Maybe it's just me. I am a bit of a coffee snob lol. The coffee (even the costa's) are just not strong enough for me and I don't like the creamer :-(

I love good strong Italian coffee.... Or was it men??!!! I forget !!!!

Actually I'm not fussy.... I love all coffee so pretty easy to please. I just want to be able to enjoy it without compromising my new bypass.

Hi I have a strong black Americano everyday. Mainly from costa. Helps with going to the loo and it's my daily treat! Love coffee x

I must say I love my tassimo too. If I want a skinny latte I just use and espresso disc, and warm the skimmed milk in the microwave. But actually the only discs I have a problem are the cadburys hot chocolate, as it makes me feel a little dumpy.

I think you're right. I shall be buying the sugar free syrups for my milk diet anyway so it would make sense. At least I'll know exactly how much skimmed milk and sweetener etc will be going in to each coffee. The pods seem to contain lots of crap!
Best find some extra pennies for a proper machine ;-/

Did you see this website? .... Bariatric megastore
It sells high protein, low sugar products and a big range of syrups :)))

I brought some of them on the milk diet their wonderful , love french vanilla .

I adore coffee.... a little whitener and good, strong italian coffee is great. Milk if I have to if no whitener (coffee mate).

I used to adore latte with syrup - now syrups are FAR too sweet. Once detoxed off sugary things, you start to really not like it quite the same. I dont like the sugar in coffee any more - but I love a dusting of fresh ground nutmeg or cinnamon

I'm italian and loved very strong black unsweetened italian coffee before my sleeve.
Post op I've packed away my nespresso machine and turned to lighter filter coffee (and sweetened too). Tastes change dramatically after op.
Anyways, I believe that nespresso pods are the very best.

I'm italian and loved very strong black unsweetened italian coffee before my sleeve. Post op I've packed away my nespresso machine and turned to lighter filter coffee (and sweetened too). Tastes change dramatically after op. Anyways, I believe that nespresso pods are the very best.

Bally I think you should consider selling your nespresso to me ;-P
I neeeeed one!!!
X

Back