• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep after bypass

everpositive

Anybody else notice they had difficulty getting off to sleep at night? I am and whats also new but good I guess is when I wake up, I'm awake good and proper. No need for hitting the snooze button 10 ten times.

I'm guessing this is because in the post op, fluids only phase you are in ketosis and your energy levels are higher? Am I right?

Cheers everyone xx

I had my op on 8 November 2008 and after the first couple of weeks I started to have at least one night a week where I could not drop off to sleep, I felt like I wanted to keep going doing things. My body clock is all over the place anyone with working full shifts...so all in all I do struggle to drop off, I think I am so tired then when I shut my eyes I want to be up doing something and its not good lol...xx (thats the not sleeping not what I want to do!)

sleeping less is one thing I am looking forward to. At the moment I am in bed for around 10pm most nights and dont get up till after 7am. I sometimes have to have a nap in the afternoon as well. I cant wait to have extra energy.

Anybody else notice they had difficulty getting off to sleep at night? I am and whats also new but good I guess is when I wake up, I'm awake good and proper. No need for hitting the snooze button 10 ten times.

I'm guessing this is because in the post op, fluids only phase you are in ketosis and your energy levels are higher? Am I right?

Cheers everyone xx
Claire - I had my op on the 20th November.
I found for the first few weeks post op I was OK at getting off to sleep but I was awake every morning soon after 5 am and then couldn't get back to sleep. After years and years of having difficulty getting up in a morning I was well excited with this. Sad to say shortly after xmas I have returned to normal sleeping habits and still need to drag myself out of bed. Perhaps this will get easier as I lose more weight!

Just read in a bypass book that is common for bypassers to wake in the middle of the night or very early moring & not be able to go back to sleep. The author explained it as a drop in blood sugar so suggested having nuts by the bed side for those occasions or having some protein directly before bed. Not sure on the science behind this suggestion but it is worth a try on those sleepless nights.

:DNic:D

I wake up rearing to go lol.....my mind is going all over the place thinking about what I am going to do etc....from going to wanting to sleep standing up to being wide awake for me is great...xx

Back