• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slightly delicate problem

Perissa

One set of my stitches is becoming sore, red and inflamed. Its the ones under my right boob :eek:

Because I have, ahem, rather, ahem, more than a handful my boob is rubbing my stitches.

I can't wear a bra as it would rub on the stitches between my boobs.

I ordered a maternity sleep bra from ebay on Tuesday but it still hasn't arrived.

Any idea's

:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(

Hiya :) I havent had the gastric surgery but had my gallbladder removed and had this very same problem :(
I used to just place a loose dressing under my boob at night to stop the rubbing and another during the day. As the wound healed I put a small amount of talc there too. I wouldnt say it is ideal or reccomend but it's what I did and it worked for me :D ....The dressing , like a menolin (?) one , I found was the most hygenic thing to put there...my mother suggested a tea-towel :rolleyes:

a small dressing is a good idea to put on i was given mine from the hospital, if its red and inflamed there could be an infection in the wound, i would advise you to go and get it checked out incase you do have an infection, and they will give you anti biotics to stop it getting worse.
i hope you feel better soon.

liz x

I've put a Mepore dressing over it - I didn't before as the hospital said that they were best left in the open.

I'll take it off in the morning and have a look see.

Hi Perissa

Sorry i cant advise about the boob thing, but i'd concur with Liz and get it checked out if i were you

yes mepore will be fine, if no better tomorrow then get it checked, as i had a red & angry infection in my port wound between my boobs, they gave me augmentin to clear it as the flucloxacillin didnt work.

Back