• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sloppy stage?

tashaliza

Hi all,

I had my bypass last week and I have just finished a week of fluids....I am now on sloppys and for my first meal I managed to eat a whole muller light yogurt!
I took my time and I feel fine but I'm worried that it's too much.
Tasha xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think you would have had difficulties if you were overdoing it Tasha!
For now hun, just concentrate on as healthy as possible but don't be overly concerned about how much or how many calories.
Your main job is to heal and recover internally and we don't want you feeling weak from lack of sustenance!

Sounds as though you are doing really well, and as neen says probably best not to worry too much about how much you eat or the calorie count, so long as its healthy and does not cause you any problems.

You can give me some tips in a few weeks!

Hiya Tasha,
I started off by having half a yogurt at a time. I dished it out into a little glass and put the rest back into the fridge for later. I split it like that so that I wasn't tempted to eat more than my new little tummy could handle.
It is difficult to tell when you have had enough. It isn't really the same 'full' feeling that you get pre op so please be careful.
Yogurt made me quite poorly in the second week but I know its fab for most others and the easiest thing to have to get your nutrients in. Try diluting it with a bit of milk to make a drinking yogurt to SIP for an added bit of calcium etc.

Lynne x

Its amazing what a difference it makes when you move onto stages with more substance... I was worried when on the sloppy stage that I could eat too much but be assured you'll feel restriction good & proper when you hit more solid types of food. x

Hi ya Tash

Being pre op I think I am obsessed about peoples stats, so apologies now if I am being too nosy.

Your goal BMI seems quite low - did you set that? Or was it set for you? I don't really know what a correct goal is: Mr Finlay gave figures "IF I lost 50% or 70% etc" but even 70% would leave me in the obese category, albeit much lighter than I am now.

Thanks Trisha

Hi Trisha,
Because I went private Mr Finlay didn't set any goals for weight loss, but he has said that I should lose 70% of my excess weight :)
As you mentioned I would still be in the obese category so hopefully I will lose more. Mr Finlay said that 70% was an average figure and that if I wanted to lose more it could be done as long as I worked at it with exercise etc :)
HTH tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back