• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smarties & xmas stocking choccy!!!!

tpt

Uber geek
I do mahoosive stockings for various family members - including the obligatory tubes of smarties, fruit pastilles etc etc. And, in true spirit of the yule event, I usually eat it all, have to buy it again - and then usually do the same again. Not bothered with choc the rest of the year - it's something about knowing all those goodies are in bags under your bed :D:eek::eek:

Anyhoos...last night OH went out and I was left alone with the dogs - and I could hear the gentle alluring voices calling me - so I duly trotted off upstairs and grabbed a big tube of smarties.

Yup - my plan was foiled from that point onwards. Yuck - bleuuuurrghh!!

What on earth has happened to my taste buds? Not liking chocolate - that's sacrilidge that is!!!

What have you gone off (unexpectedley) that you induldged before?

being a bander, I didn't expect to go off much really but I can no longer tolerate anything spicy such as curries/chilli and red wine.

I used to love all of the above but don't even get a fancy for them now :confused:

you are lucky your tastebuds are on overdrive - you would have dumped for England with smarties! LOL. Fruit tastes wrong to me now and I used to love fruit, pasta isnt as it was and baked potatoes taste like they are laced with sugar.

Nope - have gone from being an uber-dumper to not dumping at all. I can eat what I like - I just don't (most of the time). A little bit of what is bad for you every now and then is good for you (or something like that).

now you see Im too scared to try - Im using the threat of it as aversion therapy! All for having a bit of what you fancy though! Unfortunately my tastebuds taint everything yummy!

Me I still not liking scrambled egg but I think its a texture thing My taste buds still like chocolate and I have a plain choccy biccy now and again

hi tpt im pre op just but cos of gallstones not eating anything nice. got fed up so went and got a kidssweet lace thingy. ooh yuk one bite and it was horrible far to sweet.x

my taste buds dont seem to have changed at all not sure if that's good or bad?! i'm with teen, i'm too scared to eat anything too sweet, most i've had is 2 squares of chocolate and the other night i had a custard cream.....i felt soooooo naughty!

your lucky i still have the call of choccy not far away but i just dont have it in house xmas stuff this yr will be kept at my mums out of sight out of mind

Choc isnt nice any more for me! Up until about 3 months post op, I couldnt stomach coffee...I live on it again now :D

Mines ice cream...yuk...except mini milks which seem to go down nicely. Pre op I loooved ice cream...any kind at all but now a teaspoon and it feels soo fatty..

I'm gonna make sure the choccy that goes into my families stockings is stuff I dont eat anyway :) my son can have Yorkies and kitkat chunkies, my extended family can have thorntons or hotel chocolat and my OH can have bitter dark or montezumers revenge chilli choc!

I shall NOT be buying any choc buttons, cadburys tree chocs, roses, turkish delight, topics.....Oh stop me mow lol

Tpt, I look forward to the day when I don't fancy chocolate, cakes etc. Sorry your anticipated 'fun' was spoiled but, isn't it great? Well after the w/e I've had I think it would be great.

Rebirth

I'm not even attempting choc, as scared of dumping, and nobody will be getting chocs off me for xmas this year:D:D

Back