• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smooth diet yogurt - suggestions required x

kimgkg

Hi Guys

well in eight hours time I shall be going into Heartlands for a bypass, providing there aren't too many adhesions, in which case I may end up with a sleeve.

Can anyone please suggest a smooth diet yogurt that my beloved hubby, Graham, can get for when I come out??

Still waiting for the nerves to kick in ... but that's probably why I am still up and on the pc rather than going to bed and not sleeping!!! I figure I'll get enough sleep tomorrow!!! :)

All suggestions gratefully received. The "information sheet" that definitely needs to be obeyed says 125 ml yogs ... I may end up getting the mullerlight raspberry or vanilla etc., but they are 200 mls. I'm just trying to make it as easy as poss!! :)

xxxx

Good luck!!! I had mine at Heartlands a month ago.

My fave yoghurt was a big bottle of drinking yoghurt from Lidl. 99p a bottle. Will last you ages. I had strawberry and banana flavour. Yum! And it's low fat. And didn't make me dump like Aldi yoghurt lol

Plus, you don't need to add milk to it as its already the right consistency :) xxx

Thanks, Sophie, I know you had yours at Heartlands ... we've met at support group and messaged each other before ... I have the really tall hubby?

I am so pleased you seem to be doing so well ... but that's to be expected with you ... you did really well beforehand, too. You are certainly an inspiration.

Big hugs ... and take care xxx

kimgkg said:
Thanks, Sophie, I know you had yours at Heartlands ... we've met at support group and messaged each other before ... I have the really tall hubby?

I am so pleased you seem to be doing so well ... but that's to be expected with you ... you did really well beforehand, too. You are certainly an inspiration.

Big hugs ... and take care xxx

I remember we messaged before, but did not connect you with the lady with the really tall husband lol

So happy your day is finally here :D

And thank you for your lovely words. It's really nice of you. I will follow your progress fellow Heartlander :D xxx

:) Cheers, Sophie. I have been following your journey all the way. I don't always comment on here, but I do sit on the sidelines and read your comments ... they are always supportive, helpful and kind. You are a good person. Now enough with the mutual appreciation society!!! :)

Will let you know how it goes. xxx

Good Luck for tomorrow, Kim :):) Karlos swears by Fage yogurt but I have not managed to get any myself & since my pre op milk diet, I am not really bothered either, lol xxx :D:D

kimgkg said:
:) Cheers, Sophie. I have been following your journey all the way. I don't always comment on here, but I do sit on the sidelines and read your comments ... they are always supportive, helpful and kind. You are a good person. Now enough with the mutual appreciation society!!! :)

Will let you know how it goes. xxx

Lol!!!! Before a group hug??? Lol

But I honestly do appreciate your words. And will be thinking of you all day.

And Twink is right. A few people on here swear by fage. It's that 0% total Greek yoghurt. It's got a good protein content.

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Good Luck for tomorrow, Kim :):) Karlos swears by Fage yogurt but I have not managed to get any myself & since my pre op milk diet, I am not really bothered either, lol xxx :D:D

You do so well, so obviously not needed :D

Twinkle, thank you so much ... this is so nice before my op ... I have just read Caren's wonderful news and commented on there ... and stated that there were a few particular members that I follow and have the greatest respect for ... and apart from Caren, you and Fuffs were the other main ones I was talking about. All three of you are genuinely caring people that deserve to have their new lives. It's strange, but you three, without knowing it, have truly made a difference to me ... and I am sure many, many others on this site. And it feels so good to be able to share that today!!

Right, enough of this emotional outpouring ... gonna go and get a nice cup of tea before it goes to water ... then 6.30 am ... nothing ... zilch ... until I wake and beg for a sip of something!!!!! :)

Catch up with you on the other side!!! :)

Thank you both ... and Caren ... and for the hints on the yogurt.

xxxxx

kimgkg said:
Twinkle, thank you so much ... this is so nice before my op ... I have just read Caren's wonderful news and commented on there ... and stated that there were a few particular members that I follow and have the greatest respect for ... and apart from Caren, you and Fuffs were the other main ones I was talking about. All three of you are genuinely caring people that deserve to have their new lives. It's strange, but you three, without knowing it, have truly made a difference to me ... and I am sure many, many others on this site. And it feels so good to be able to share that today!!

Right, enough of this emotional outpouring ... gonna go and get a nice cup of tea before it goes to water ... then 6.30 am ... nothing ... zilch ... until I wake and beg for a sip of something!!!!! :)

Catch up with you on the other side!!! :)

Thank you both ... and Caren ... and for the hints on the yogurt.

xxxxx

You will start my eyebladder!!! Lol

((((((big hugs)))))))) enjoy your tea and don't get flashing ya sexy legs in the gorgeous Teds stockings and gown tomorrow lol xxx

Good luck for your op and hope you have a speedy and pain free recovery.
Em xxxx

good luck sweetie , hope all goes well , you have a good buddy in Sophie xx

kimgkg said:
Spoilsport! Can't a girl have any fun? :) x

I have a feeling she did 'the flash' lol

Hope it went well xxx
Try Muller rasp and cranberry or banana cstard yogherts, both smooth :)

Hi guys ... Well am still here unfortunately. At heartlands that is. Things didn't actually go according to plan. Due to the large amount of insulin I was having to take my liver was so large it covered my stomach, so Mr Richardson ... Who is an absolute sweetie ... Had to perform a sleevectomy. He said it was nothing to do with the pre op diet. Now have to get my temp down from 38.8 before they think about letting me out. Thanks for all the good wishes though ... They are much appreciated. Xxx

Aw Kim :wave_cry: never mind honey, you are done & dusted now & once your weight comes down so will your insulin volumes :) Glad you at least got the op done even if it wasn't what was planned. This time tomorrow with your temp back to normal, you will be raring to go & start your new lif. Wrap around hugs, babe (((Kim))) xxx :)

Pleased you all sorted Kim, things never work out to plan there is always something that has to change, happy healthy recovery. take care luvva xx

I bet the sleeve will be awesome :D I had to sign for either just in case.

Hope your temp comes down soon. And welcome to the losers bench Heartlander :D xxx

Back