• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St George's Hosp Tooting

orchid

Hi all,i spoke to my pct yesturday and she said because st Richards waiting list is so long and their taken so long to get peoples first concultation done, it might interest me to gheck out st Georges as they have a very good reputation for seeing people quicker, has any one been there to have either band or bypass if so how long did they wait and what was it like, so i can way up pro's &con's

This was my second choice of hospital if Ashford couldn't do my op. I was told by my doctor that all the surgeons there were very good and if Ashford couldn't have done it, he advised me that would be my next best choice.

Not totally helpful I know but hopefully enough to reassure you that they are ok.

Thanks cazbandy,your doctor seemed to be more helpful than mine,mine just say's thev'e all got waiting lists and are all the same? thanks anyway xx

I was at St George's for the first half of my WLS journey. Then the 2 surgeons left to UCH and I went with them. But St George's is a good NHS hospital. I don't know the new surgeons, but Dr Bano who is in charge of bariatrics is a lady and lovely. All the staff are nice. Good luck! It's a busy but very decent hospital.

st Georges was one of my 3 choices ... i called all 3 and st Georges had a year wait !!! i spoke to the woman in charge of bariatric appointments and she said they only had one surgeon and the sheer amount of people wanting this surgery overwhelmed them at st Georges and they where trying to find more surgeons..

so it was a year from referral to operation ... this was in DEC 08 so u might want to call and just say .. can you tell me how long your process is from referral to op ... and see what they say ..

i picked the hospital the furthest away from me as they had shorter wait and also a huge team of staff .. and support ...

good luck x

Hi there, i didnt have mine done at Georges but at Chelsea and westminster hospital(NHS)in chelsea (fulham rd) which is about 20 mins away. they were amazing and from referal to op was only 5 months. hope this helps xx

Hey guys .

Just interested on the offering around the London area....

Does anyone know what the initial appointment at C & W (Chelsea and Westminster) consist of?

I only ask because some trust have the "meeting" and others get straight to it with the group meeting later.

I think the whole group meeting thing is a way of meeting the 18 week target and a way of stalling.

5 months at C&W inidicates that they are working within the 18 week target.

Back