• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

st richards

CHUCKY

Hi all has anyone got there dates for op in june with guy slater?

cheers julie

I'm still waiting.......sigh!! For the psych's appointment anyway, after that should be a few weeks till the op itself. Good luck to all who are being operated on this month. Let us know how it goes? Julie x

phoned again this morning (bet they fed up with me) spoke to tara she said i am deffo on active list for surgery but no date yet :cry:
I am so fed up came off phone and cried:cry:
How long has everyone else been waiting mine is 13 months since gp.

love julie x:mad:

Good luck to everyone having their ops in the next few weeks - Noreen and Kate in particular. Hope all goes well. Julie x

awww thanks Julie. I met Kate on the pre-op appointment at St Richards. She is a beautiful person and hope we will become good friends. We are on our weight loss journey days apart. Shopping Kate? In a few months down Churchill Square??? xxx

I'm still waiting.......sigh!! For the psych's appointment anyway, after that should be a few weeks till the op itself. Good luck to all who are being operated on this month. Let us know how it goes? Julie x

OMG is it really only a few weeks from the psych appt that you get a date or the actual surgery???? Ok reality setting in now...arhhh!!! I am seeing the psych tomorrow and proper nervous about it...do you get a date shortly after then? Laura x

OMG is it really only a few weeks from the psych appt that you get a date or the actual surgery???? Ok reality setting in now...arhhh!!! I am seeing the psych tomorrow and proper nervous about it...do you get a date shortly after then? Laura x

Hi Laura
That's waht I was told by Mr Slater at St Richards when I had my initial consultation with him. It would be a few months before I got the psych and dietician appt, then literally weeks after that the op would take place. Good luck with your psych appt tomorrow - will be interested to hear what happens. How long ago did you see the consultant, do you mind me asking? I saw Mr Slater on 29 April - now its back to the waiting for a psych appt - ho hum! Julie x

Hi Laura
That's waht I was told by Mr Slater at St Richards when I had my initial consultation with him. It would be a few months before I got the psych and dietician appt, then literally weeks after that the op would take place. Good luck with your psych appt tomorrow - will be interested to hear what happens. How long ago did you see the consultant, do you mind me asking? I saw Mr Slater on 29 April - now its back to the waiting for a psych appt - ho hum! Julie x[/QUOTE]

I saw Mr Somers on 17th April and I got a letter from them whilst I was on holiday at the end of May and my appt was 2 weeks from the date of the letter which is tomorrow so I guess in reality its not that long really. It was exactly 2 months to the day from my initial appt (how sad i just counted the weeks!) they haven't mentioned the dietician yet but i guess that is part of the pre-op clinic which is when (I think!) they start you on the pre-op diet etc. Apparently they were reducing the waiting times so after tomorrow I'll let you know how it went. I'm still really nervous!!! Laura x

good luck with your appionment i saw anaesitist 31st may and was given ok for op received phone call yesterday my op date 27th august so who knows how the system works
keep us nformed and fingers crossed

love julie x

Hi i'm back! Just to let you know the psych appt went really really well and she has recommended me for the bypass saying that I am ready for it and my head is screwed on (first time for everything eh! LOL) and my determination is clear to get this right so it went better than well. And she was lovely! So easy to talk to! :) She said she will pass her report onto Mr Somers shortly and then I will get a phone call at some point with a date. ARGH!!!!!! Actually i'm quite excited now!! WOOP WOOP! Can't wait! Good Luck with yours in August xxx

Back