• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

st richards

CHUCKY

hi all does anyone know if mr guy slater only does open surgery and does he always take gall blader someone told me this in waiting room of st richards just wandered if anyone else knew.
thanks
yourock.gif

on my letter it doesnt say which one hes gonna do. sorry not much help. what are you hoping for?xx

Mr Slater only does open bypasses - a friend of mine had a bypass with him in April, and open was the only option. Open surgery actually carries less risk that lap - it's just that lap surgery usually makes for a quicker recovery.

As for the gallbladder - I don't know.

i was told at consultation weather it open or lap is down to the individual patient you get better quicker recovery with lap and the gall bladder is usally removed although i was given option beause it saves going back into get it out if you have probs after. if your unsure ring or email christine and ask they will always tell you what your down to have done

HI Julie. I was told by Mr Slater that they usually whip out the gall bladder at the same time to reduce the risk of gallstones caused by rapid weight loss. I wasn't aware that he only does open surgery though - can anyone confirm that?

hi again phoned cristine at ct richards and she a
said yes mr slater only does open bypass
so at least i know

cheers

I have seen a few of Mr Slater's patients open scars (don't ask how!)- they are tiny, only a few inches long (can't get my head how he can get his hands in and do the biz?!). In fact, the open scars of his that I have seen are about the same size as the port scar from my first band op...

Back