• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Steph's Random Chatter Thread

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Right, here we are, this is going to be my home for random chatter about random stuff.
So...Beverlie...the one I got today is called Fire Engine by Collection 2000, bright red and I have Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat over the top...not everyones idea of nice but I like it. I normally stick with peaches and baby pinks but I fancied something about more bold today.
Steph xx

That sounds lovely... fire engine red, just what I need.

I love to keep my hands nice and tidy... a nice nailvarnish really helps and strengthens my nails too, not breaking so easily...

Was that from Boots Steph?... xxx

phew, got here, i was sat on the diary thread like piffy on a rock bun, waiting for s ummat to happen, doh !!!!!!
steph huni, how can you put nailvarnish on and type at the same time, dosnt the nail varnish ruin, it does when i try it, lol

hey girls,y'know what i just seen, you know the adverts that appear at the top of the thread things, well i saw an advert for hypnosis gastric band, its a virtual band created in your mind through hypnosis. honest it was there, wow, i wonder if it works lol

Yes Bev, from Boots.
nailvarnishes.jpg

I was always a nail biter but as I neared surgery I decided to use my nails as a metaphor and grew them to prove that I could make changes in my life. A couple of months post op, when my hair stared to fall out, my nails became very weak, thin and very horrible, so I cut them down and I have waited until they became strong again to grow them, now they are lovely and long and I love to have a splash of colour on them, it really does make you feel good to just do those little things for yourself...nails painted, a splash of mascara, a face pack whilst your soak away in a hot bubble bath surrounded by candles...ooohhhhhhh lovely.
Steph xx

phew, got here, i was sat on the diary thread like piffy on a rock bun, waiting for s ummat to happen, doh !!!!!!
steph huni, how can you put nailvarnish on and type at the same time, dosnt the nail varnish ruin, it does when i try it, lol

Its a talent lol ;)
Steph xx

steph has the hair loss eased x

My nails were really long and lovely but ive just cut them all off ready for going in hospital. They just werent practical but I can grow them again when I come home :D Nice colour Steph :D X

well i have fairly long nails and put varnish on occasionally, i go through phases of wearing a bit of make up, do the occasional facial, pamper session. but the one thing i long to do, is soak in a nice smelly bath, but i dont have one, i live in a tiny bungalow, 4 rooms in total, and the bathroom is a wet room, so its just a shower room, basically, with a loo and a tiny sink in it. and its soooo hard to soak in a shower, i know i tried it, and nearly flooded the bathroom, i covered the plug thing so i could soak me feet, but didnt realise how quick the water came out, and before i knew it, the water was creeping up near the door, oops

my hair has just started to fall out, nothing major but more than normal, it started increasing a couple of months ago, but now theres a lot more coming out, its nothing horrendous, but enough for me to know its there

Kelly...my hair fell out lots from around two months post op until six months post op and then eased back to normal, the fuzzy regrowth amused me lol it still goes through periods here it falls out a little more than normal but its hardly noticeable now. My hair will never be the same as it was before but its a tiny price to pay.

Dotty...yep, there is always time to grow them again later. Thanks, its really a good varnish actually, its a lovely wide brush and you only need one coat.

Steph xx

My nails are all breaking at the moment..
I am quite upset about it really...as a biter for years i grew them to a lovely length over the last 6 months and this week they are breaking..(really snapping off and peeling..arghh!!!)

I wouldn't have thought I could get upset by broken nails ..lol

We must all think alike - I have just bought some Nail envy and avoplex to inprove and strengthen mine. I have used it before and its brilliant.

Wow... I love that nail varnish colour... if I don't use a base coat, then varnish twice and apply a top coat, my nails break easily.... Lisa there is a nack of filing that can help your nails to grow properly and strengthen rather, filing too low at the sides can cause breaking... learned that this week... I have a manicure once a month and am always asking questions... love nails don't you!

xxx

Oh dear dont talk to me about nails, you would think with all the horse manure undere them, they would grow, but mine are always breaking.:cry::cry:

oooh mary, please tell me that you dont bite them, aghhh, lol ooh the thought of it.

Hahaha Mary... I use a cream on my nails which is supposed to be used for strengthening horses hooves!

Hahaha and it's worked... maybe you should pinch some from the stables...

Love and hugs xxx

Some people would call us silly but I dont care, I love having long feminine nails and I feel so much nicer with some length to them and Im not ashamed to say that I was VERY sad when they started to suffer post-op. The dietician asked about them at my last appointment, she said that one way of gauging how nourished you are is to look at your hair and nails and then we had a giggle because I had JUST started to regrow them at that point and they were painfully short, if I see her again in the next couple of months she should be very impressed at how good they have gotten so quickly. My next aim is to get some nail wraps for around Christmas time, some nice funky patterned ones, that or go to a salon and get them done all funkified.
Steph xx

Back