• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still itchy!

Lanzoprazole and/or forceval can cause itching Maz x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Shell,could be the Fastabs then.I was told to take them for three months,others for ever!Wonder what I could take instead?Will run this past my surgeon on the 8th april.Thanks hun I thought I was going crazy!Maz x

You can change to omeprazole capsules from a couple if weeks post op and see if that stops the itch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I could be due to a lack of dietary fats.
My skin was itchy 2 wks post op until I started to blend oily fish (tinned mackerel) with runny mash and added hummus to my diet. I also switched to moderate fat yoghurt instead of very low fat, cured my itchiness and my skin feels lovely again.

There's so many things that seem to cause itching, where do you start?
I still have to have a good old scratch,and still no nearer to finding out why,but I have started to use a cocoa butter and that eases it a bit...x

My mum has just had a hernia op and is really itchy. Nurses say caused by anasthetic and pain relief and will ease over time. Can sympathise, i suffer with lots of allergies and it is awful. Try to keep as cool as possible in a well ventilated room. I found calamine lotion helpful although doesn't work for everyone. I managed to find an aqueous based one by care + (this is a bonus as I am allergic to the lanolin in non-aqueous based creams) make sure when you have a shower, is only in tepid water too. Hope it passes soon.

Back