• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Still not eating enough.

simplylucy

I'm having yet another panic that I'm not eating enough so I logged into myfitnessspal and recorded my last 2 days food diaries.

Monday I had 598 calories and Tuesday was 622. My protien is around 45g daily.

Does this sound enough, I need more protien I guess.

My restriction really is very very high. Some meals I still struggle to eat more than 4 mouthful.

Wow that sounds really low, I struggle to get enough in most days calorie wise but Im usually around the 8-900 mark and I always try and get at least 60-70g protein usually more so maybe you need to try and up it some more. It must be hard if your restriction is so tight though, maybe have a word with your team or dietician? Good Luck hun XX

Im with Dotty - maybe post what foods your eating then we can give suggestions - sal x

Ok, this was yesterday!

Breakfast, skinny cappuccino and a yoghurt (shape zero) half an hour apart, only managed 2/3 of the yoghurt.

Lunch, weight watchers tuna in coronation dressing with 1 and a half dutch crispbakes ( was 2 but got stuck).

Dinner, half a tesco lighter choice cod and prawn Cumberland pie with 1 bag of steam fresh broccoli, carrots and peas. I managed a good 3/4 of this but the fish pies was a good slider, I left mainly the mash topping.

Snack, 2 x barbecue snack a jacks, hot chocolate.

Ok, this was yesterday!

Breakfast, skinny cappuccino and a yoghurt (shape zero) half an hour apart, only managed 2/3 of the yoghurt.

Lunch, weight watchers tuna in coronation dressing with 1 and a half dutch crispbakes ( was 2 but got stuck).

Dinner, half a tesco lighter choice cod and prawn Cumberland pie with 1 bag of steam fresh broccoli, carrots and peas. I managed a good 3/4 of this but the fish pies was a good slider, I left mainly the mash topping.

Snack, 2 x barbecue snack a jacks, hot chocolate.

OK mate - I am no expert and Im putting more and more weight on with my pregnancy - but putting my 'bypass' head on:
Swap the cappuchinno for latte, Skinny is possible, more protein in the milk.

Leave out the crisp bread to ensure you get all the tuna in, if poss make your own with LF mayo or LF salad cream

add a protein based snack in?
Erm...your restriction does seem a lot but you are brand new post op really...keep with the protein first, add smaller meals/snacks in babybels philly blah blah blah - hopefully someone will be along soon with more advice...
Hope it helps a little x

Id agree about the snack babybell light, they are 6g of protein so if you manage 2 a day hours apart thats another 12g protein. The atkinds bars are good too if you can eat them, with your restriction it would take you a few goes probably but they are really great for protein :D XX

Thanks for the tips ladies. Forgot all about babybels, they'll be a great snack. Yes a latte cappachino swap would be wise. I'll read the nixes later to see the protein values, they are the nescafe dolce gusto ones.

I've tried the Atkins bars, have a pile in the cupboard. I feel violently sick after eating them though, think I was actually sick last time and been too scared to try again.

I dump very easily so it could be that!

Do you make the cappu with water though? and the latte with milk? if not and both water - then no matter ;)

How about making your own latte. Just whizz a mug of milk in the microwave, add coffee and hey presto. Almost double the protein x

Back