• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I not eating enough?

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
I don't know when my op will be but decided to get my body used to the fact it prob can't eat too much once its over. Getting used to smaller portions etc.

I started putting my food diary into myfitnesspal.com after seeing a few of you use it.

My daily intake is approx 774 Calories, 59g Carbs, 24g Fat and 14g Protein. My thing says thats not enough. But I don't know what to do to get more without over eating. I am afraid of beginning to binge eat again.

Any ideas?

I dont think thats enough hun.....if you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto every bit of food. Try and eat more protein and vegetables and fruit. This will up your calories but shouldnt but any weight on :D Good Luck XX

I dont think thats enough hun.....if you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto every bit of food. Try and eat more protein and vegetables and fruit. This will up your calories but shouldnt but any weight on :D Good Luck XX

I'm already stuffing myself full of fruit lol ... getting to the point I can't eat any more lol

Eat more protein pet. It fills you up. Lean meat, chicken, fish etc. Go easy on the carbs. That's the type of diet you'll be eating post-op anyway, but just in smaller quantities.
I find/found it very hard to binge on protein - it's just too filling!
Like my brother said to me: imagine eating a kilo of iceceam - easy peasy! Now try eating a kilo of lean steak! (tat's 2.2 pounds!) - not so easy! :D
SIMPLES!
Grace xxx

I used to eat quite a bit of it when I was on SW, I was always on Red days and I ate loads of protein...thats why I liked it because I could fill up, shame I couldnt maintain it though! XX

In all honesty i don't think you need to be thinking about eating less.... You should however be considering making healthier choices and perhaps practice shopping as a bypasser, reading labels etc!

Might be a good idea now to also try some bariatric recipes to see what you actually like the taste/textures of...

Good luck x

Up the protein for sure,you should eat about 1200 cals.Spread between good lean protein,small amount of carbs,fruit/veg as much as you like but watch high sugar fruits and low fat dairy.At least 2/3lts water.You will loose 2/3lb weekly no problem after initial waterloss.Give yourself one snack/treat per day.Agree healthy eating as opposed to starvation.Walk for exercise!Maz x

I wasn't meaning to starve myself. I was getting full after things like satay chicken and not being hungry for the rest of the day. Today I've had some soup and a breast of chicken and that is tiding me over til dinner time where I will have sausages mmm

i agree with what the others say, you arnt eating enough, i always struggled to lose weight because of that, and even now, my weight loss has been very slow for the same reason, when i try and up my food intake, i tend to lose more weight, but i find it hard to do. im not sure what you should be eating, but i would try and eat more if you can hun. good luck xxx

Back