• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling - hoping for some advice :)

sukay

Trying to focus on future
Hi all

Its been a long time since I posted.

Before Christmas I had stayed at the same weight for six months.

I had my RNY surgery on 10th November 2009 -lost around 5 st and then had knee surgery in June 2010. This put paid to any exercise and my activity was extremely low for a couple of months. The knee has healed but still gives me pain if I go too far.

Anyway, over Christmas season I have put on 7 lbs and I am gutted - although I know it is totally down to me and what I put in my mouth.

I was reluctant to post, because I have kept away from the forum due to (what I feel is ) my bad results.

Is anyone else in this position? Stuck at or near the same weight but still having around 2-3 st to lose?

Kind regards

Sue

Hi Sue sorry i cant help but hope someone comes along soon who will be able to. Just wanted to say please however hard it is carry on posting on here as it really does help especially when you realise your not the only one in this situation, it's just ashame that people have to feel like they cant post on here because their not having the same success as others, i think you'd be suprised at the number of people who feel the same xxx

I agree with Lisa, you must keep posting and dont compare yourself to others....I know its hard we all do it to some extent but you have all the support here you could need and we might not have all the answers but we can try and help the best we can :D
Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? It helps you get some restriction back and this may help get you back on track.....Im sure there will be other more experienced bypassers along soon with some other suggestions for you :D XX

Thanks so much for your replies :)

It is good to be back to be honest lol. I hope someone posts about their experiences soon :)

Sue, i'm a slow loser so now how you feel. I honestly expected at 7 months out to have lost more than the 60lb (5 on pre op) i have done. It is frustrating when the fairy tale doesn't happen exactly as it says in the book. I don't know what to say except maybe go back to basics? Make sure your drinking plenty, eating protein first followed by veg then finished off with carbs if you have any room for them... Maybe think about 'tracking' what you eat on one of the many sites available? Also with regard to the exercise! Are you a member of a gym? If so maybe you could ask someone about some exercises you could do sitting down.. I have to say i always thought the best exercise to burn calories was cardiovascular but when we had a trial at the gym the trainer told us 'resistance' is the way to go. Maybe there's some resistance training you could do from a chair/sitting position?

Other than that, don't stay away and don't worry about your gain. Okay it's 7lb, but you know exactly where it's come from and thus you can change that habit...

You can do it, keep the faith and keep here, with your friends xxx

Thanks Julie

I appreciate that :)

Aparently on sky there is an excercise channel that has a chair excercise programme would you consider that maybe?

Dont be down hearted. I have always been told by my hospital the average loss is 25% of your total body weight and that nearly everyone will still be obese. Some people here have lost 100% of their excess weight but thats actually rarer than you would think.

x

Back