• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

struggling - hoping for some advice :)

omg, does dumping stop after a time then? i guess it does :(

Caren said:
omg, does dumping stop after a time then? i guess it does :(

Not for everyone. I still dump if I push the limits, which is very rare these days, and I only push then due to my chronic malabsorption issues when I'm trying to regain a few pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I still dump at 19 months post surgery. I wouldn't even try to push it either as it's horrible when I do dump. That's incentive enough for me not to try.

Hi all surley just remembering where we have all come from is a good enough tonic for not going back to that dark horrible nasty place im no saint i do have a couple of bags of crisps a week. salt n vinegar Mcoys oh i love em but there a treat and as for biscuits n chocolate there a complete no no but the thing that drives me forward constantly is the thought of going backwards when i think of all the waiting time and appointments and chasing ive done there aint no food on this planet to make me want to turn it into a waste of time. these are the things that keep me on the straight n narrow the best of luck to anyone who is having a tough time at the moment but really just recall everything youve been through to get you to this point

what will always keep me motivated is that i paid 10650 pounds for mine, and people who got it free on the nhs have had alot invested in them , i have a very demanding job and have to work very hard to pay for my surgery, but we are only human and for some unfortunate people life in general is a uphill struggle, i suppose im lucky as i dont have any depression or other problems i just ate to much xxxxxxx

Ihave so much guilt going on inside my head, i had my bypass in june 2009 and lost 6 stone then bad habits slipped in and havent gone away, i am still five stone overweight and i am joining weightwatchers tomorrow to give myself a kick start.
my wonderful GP told me i am a failure, and because of people like me funding in this area has stopped. I have changed my doctor and hope that things will improve, my health has been awful the last two years with fybromyalgia, recurring urinary infections, hip and knee problems and now dermatitis on my face.
I feel for people on here who feel like failures because its not a nice feeling.

Juliet64, It's because of Doctors like your old G.P. people don't seek help sooner. Well done for changing Dr's. I've been lucky, my G.P. couldn't be more supportive. It does make me so cross when people get treated badly by some health professionals, I can't help thinking that if it was a less visible addiction ie alcoholism that more help would be offered and we'd be praised for acknowledging our problems and seeking help!
I do hope your health improves. xxx

Wow - I have come back to the forum after many months and found I am not alone lol! Thank you all so much for your words of support . I am so sorry to hear that you are in similar position to me. :( Its not easy.

I had a bad summer, continuing in the same vein really. But this past two weeks have been ill and hospitalised due to gallbladder infection. The pain was horrendous and i hope it never comes back.

Side effect of this is obviously weight loss, as haven;t been able to eat. Lost 1 stone in two weeks, not ideal I know. But my goal is to turn this negative into a positive and keep the weight loss going .

I have joined Slimming World to hopefully help me keep on the right track. and am back to eating from a tea plate lol

I really hope that you will all post again to let us know how you are doing?

xxxx

sorry to hear you have had trouble! I hope your weight loss steadies and comes off at a good rate. Well done on joining slimming world. x

Thank you :)

Sukay a big thankyou for posting, I thought I'd written it when I first read it! I'm in exactly the same place and am awaiting knee surgery!
I lost 7.5 stone in the first year and put 1 stone back on in the second :-(
I have read and read and read the forums on this site over the last few days to try and get some answers. I think I need to do the 5 day pouch test and STOP eating biscuits and crisps, ( I KNOW this so why is it so difficult to stop)? and stop drinking with meals so I stop washing the food down and stopping the full feeling. I think sometimes we just have to go right back to the beginning, search our soul for the reasons we did this in the first place and start building all over again. SO tomorrow is going to be day 1 of my pouch test and I've even bought myself a kitchen timer so I can set it to go off 1 hour after I've finished eating and not drink until it pings! I also read that sweeteners can cause hunger pangs so no more for me.
I vowed I would NEVER go back to that awful dark place that my weight kept me prisoner in so I have to do this.
So....
Sukay, Poppy, Candie, shazbrad, Julie and Jan sending love, support and some hugs and if you want to form a support group so we can help each other I'm in!

Hello Katemal

I am with you all the way and would love us all to help each other. There is one part of the thread I have just posted (above) which struck a chord and that's the section about "pink cloud". I have been on that pink cloud of delusion I think.....:(

well am back on all my supplements and have upped the protein considerably. Now that I am feeling better, my appetite has returned so 3lbs of the weight lost while I was ill has returned. I have lost10 lbs though and managed to keep it off which I feel good about.

Joined slimming world and lost 7.5lbs first week but that was after the illness, so 2.5 went back on this week.

hey ho

Thank you all ... you share the same thoughts and feelings I ... and I think many, many, many of us ... feel throughout our lives while we fight the emotional eating pattern. :sigh: Its a bit of a vicious circle ... I eat the wrong things cos I want to console myself in some way ... I then do not like myself and find it hard to forgive myself ... after all, the majority of the time I do not even taste the food I put in my mouth ... so I then get depressed ... and put more sweet, sloppy, sugary, fatty, salty, unhealthy food in my mouth!!! :ashamed0005::eatdrink051:

I actually do know what I should eat ... how much I should eat ... and even probably, most times, why I do it ... don't make much difference ... still do it!!! :angeldevil:

I think I have to try and take one day at a time ... or is that an hour??? :eek:

xxx

Well done Sukay maybe this is the start you needed (not the illness) Slimming World whatever works for you is good.

Jeanx

Well done Sukay maybe this is the start you needed (not the illness) Slimming World whatever works for you is good.

Jeanx

Thanks Jean

SW has been a bit up and down, so to speak. but have been doing quite well up to now :(

Mum has had a stroke and we've been up and down A1 visiting , and also worrying a lot. Emotional eating started and , even though not all the time, it hasn't stopped yet. Looking for reasons to "treat" myself .... yeuch

Back