• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Super Size Ambulance

Kevin1708

Century Club
Super Size Ambulance

BBC 1 Monday, May 23rd, 2011 . . . . . 9:00pm to 10:00pm

(extract : ) Over the past five years, the number of obese people needing hospital treatment has more than trebled, and as Britons get bigger, moving the super-obese to and from hospital has become a challenge as traumatic for patients as it is dangerous for health staff. But a new type of patient has led to a new kind of ambulance on Britain's streets, one that can shift people who weigh up to 70 stone - the bariatric, or 'supersize', ambulance. This documentary follows Thames Ambulance's bariatric service, one of the busiest in the UK, as it takes us into the lives of its patients, giving a unique and contemporary insight into Britain's 'Big Society', and its impact on individual lives and public services.

Might be worth a look . . .

Sounds interesting that one. Might show that more compassion is being shown these days to those who have lost control.
Lynne x

Unless it's yet another platform to mock the obese. In which case I will switch it off.

I tend to agree...not sure what point there is as usually these shows just stoke the fires of general distain in those who hate overweight/obese people already

Yes of course I understand what you mean but I had meant more compassion shown by the authorities, not the response to the programme by people on the street.
Lynne x

Back