• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Support group Laughs

happyhilary

Hi All ! well i went to my first support group meeting last night. There was about 15 members there and all seemed friendly enough. About 5 of us were between 6-12 months out and all had lost about 5-6 stone so i'm doing ok weight wise. I was the only one who had problems with eating which made me feel a little down.
There was a husband & wife sat next to me ordered fish and chips although they stared the plate i was gob smacked AND he only had his bypass on 6th september !! i like to think in time my eating will get better and maybe even enjoy the odd chip and inch or two of fish but i cant get my head around why he would put himself though a bypass just to eat like this so early on ? what next ? Full English breakfast ??:eek:

He will set himself up for failure,I dont know how he could face fish and chips at this stage.Im 7 months out and can only manage a handful of oven chips and about 2 inches of fish without the batter!

I had my op a day before him and I'm still on purees and don't know how he could even look at fish and chips. Just the thought makes me feel sick!

what a waste of time and money having the o if he is gonna eat like that, i have cut out all bad foods months ago before i saw my gp for referal!!! some people get the idea that the wls is there so they can eat what they want with out gaining weight omg they are a waste of time when there are so many genuine people out there that are struggling to loose weight and finding it hard to get funding for wls and they are really determined to get the surgery they have painfully waited a long time for

One month after surgery, the guy should really not be eating fish and chips, granted, but before the "omg what a waste of time and op" and "what a failure" people start..note that people get overweight and require the surgery for a number of reasons - all of which resulted in them using food as a coping mechanism.

Physically restricting someone's food intake does not sort their food issues. If you're pre-op and judging, with all due respect - get there first, it's not all smooth sailing.

People lose weight through the surgery, and if they don't deal with their issues, may end up putting it back on. It doesn't make them useless.

For those saying they managed to cut out bad food..and basically putting themselves up on some sort of pedestal, you're so capable, why do you need the surgery? Just carry on the way you're going. You seem to be doing so well already :rolleyes:

Back