• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sweetcorn soup

los in it

saw this in my local freebie paper it sounds nice and easy to make and may be nice when someone is at the post op stage...here goes
what you need..it serves 4 people
4 corn on the cobs(I portion per person)
2 mugsful of water (use more if needed)
salt and pepper to your taste
1/3 red chilli or dried if you like
a pinch of mint (again to taste you don't have to)
1.peel the leaves &wispy hairy bits off the corn &remove any discoloured kernels
2.with q small knife, slice the kernels away from the core of the cob along its length.
3.one ear of corn should be enough for 1 person and an extra 1/2 portion. if you are using frozen Sweetcorn this is equivalent to about a coffee mug full
4. place the kernels in a shallow pan with about 2 mug full of water add salt pepper to taste.
add about 1/3 of the chilli per ear of corn and some chopped mint. Let the mixture cook slowly for about 20 minutes. keep adding water so that the corn is always just floating in the mixture.
5. After 20 minutes run the mixture through a blender until its as smooth as you can get it. If its too thick then add some boiling water ,return to the pan and allow it to mix for another 10 minutes.
6. There are Several nice things to garnish each bowl with, fresh pea shoots or some frozen peas mixed in to a smooth paste and dotted onto the centre of the bowl or a small scoop of soured cream or natural yoghurt
cost around 30p per bowl
hope everyone can follow this I will be making it soon myself

Back