• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The countdown has begun!

Twiggie

Well this is it guys!! :D

Had my pre-op appointment the other day and all is fine. My ECG all came back normal this time so can only assume it was the caffeine causing the arrhythmias. I also explained to the nurse about my erratic weight changes recently and she was absolutely fine with it. She said as long as I lose between 1st-2st on the pre-op then Mr Sufi will be happy with it. Phew! I'll be starting my pre-op diet the day after May Day BH as we've got a big BBQ party planned, so that will be my last opportunity for a food & alcohol binge :party0016: :character00254: :party0036: :party0051: :17729: :sign0137:

Good luck with the pre-op , it's really not so bad after the first 3 days

Good luck with the pre-op , it's really not so bad after the first 3 days

I'm starting with the 1000cal low carb/fat diet and will switch to the milk diet during the last week. I get easily bored eating/drinking the same things so think I'd struggle if I were to do a month of liquids pre-op as well as the 2-3 weeks of post-op liquids too. I think a week is plenty of time to adjust prior to surgery.

I'm also going to be first on the list so won't have to spend half a day hanging around the hospital, which is great as less time to get anxious! :D

I'm starting with the 1000cal low carb/fat diet and will switch to the milk diet during the last week. I get easily bored eating/drinking the same things so think I'd struggle if I were to do a month of liquids pre-op as well as the 2-3 weeks of post-op liquids too. I think a week is plenty of time to adjust prior to surgery.

I'm also going to be first on the list so won't have to spend half a day hanging around the hospital, which is great as less time to get anxious! :D

Sounds like a good plan to me , switching it about a bit does take the edge of the boredom

Excellent news Twiggie, am hoping op date wise there won't be too much between us... Good luck with the diet, sounds like a very sensible plan xx

You're getting there!!! Good luck hun xx

I did a week of low cal (800cals) and then a week of fluids too, I wanted to gnaw my own arm off after the first day and a half of the first week but you soon get accustomed to it and by the second week I barely wanted to have anything.
Good luck on being first on the list, mine told me that but I was second damn them! lol
Good luck x
Steph xx

Really pleased for you twig fab news! enjoy your BH bbq eat and drink till your hearts content! xxx

I did a week of low cal (800cals) and then a week of fluids too, I wanted to gnaw my own arm off after the first day and a half of the first week but you soon get accustomed to it and by the second week I barely wanted to have anything.
Good luck on being first on the list, mine told me that but I was second damn them! lol
Good luck x
Steph xx

Thanks hun, the reason I'm going down first is because I'm diabetic so they don't want to risk me hanging around all morning in case I go hypo. I suppose there's always a chance the other person could also be diabetic so maybe we'll have to toss a coin to see who goes down first lol

I'm planning to make lots of sugar free jellies for the liquids week as they do actually fill me up for a little while, plus it's a way of getting extra fluids in ;)

Excellent news Twiggie, am hoping op date wise there won't be too much between us... Good luck with the diet, sounds like a very sensible plan xx

Hey, it would be great if your date is near mine as it's always good to have someone else at the same stage so we can encourage & support each other. Any idea when you'll find out?

It's all getting so exciting but also nerve-racking at the same time lol xx

Glad to hear it all went well Twiggie. Glad you're doing the 1000 kcal diet too...I tried both that they offered and the food one really isn't that bad at all :)

Back