• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

thg january surgery

mazzarazza

I am booked in for a gastric band on 11 Jan with james Halstead at thg Got loads of info already from this site so big thanks to you all. I am both excited and nervous for the big day. I am 48 years old and have always been overweight despite trying every diet going. Biggest loss achieved with reductill on prescription but hard to keep it off once the tablets stopped. I am hoping that gb
will be similar 're loss of appetite. Predictive text doing my head in when trying to type this .

Hello and welcome! Mr Halstead fitted my band via THG in August. I had a great experience and I hope you do too:)

hiya i had a band fitted in october best thing ive ever done for myself, feel sooooo much healthier and better! x x good luck x x

Thanks. I have followed you both on here especially you Sarah since we have same surgeon. I hope I do as well as you both have. I am starting pre op diet 4th Jan so may start diary thread around that time.

Had cold this week so was panicked thg would cancel. They said not so all really starts today with pre op diet. I have been told to eat up to 1000 calls but don't know whether to go on Slimfast (seems high cal could have something tasty for those calls) and milk yoghurt or 2 x low cal meals a day. M&s ones are nice could have dinner and tea (I don't have breakfast) within 10000 but will that shrink my liver enough????? Should I go Atkins route and only eat meat???? Your thoughts would be appreciated x

I wasn't given a choice, due to my weight I had to do 2 weeks at 1000 cals and 3 weeks on milk and yogurt. What did you decide to do? If you've decided to go to slimfast check out tescos own brand shakes - they are cheaper, higher in nutrients and come in loads of different flavours x

I am doing 1000 cals as it seems easier. My cold has gone but throat a bit sore. Hope it clears up soon as I will be devastated to reschedule. I am all psyched up and ready to go. Thanks for tip 're tesco but got them already for post op liquid diet. At the moment Morrison's are doing 3 for price of 1 offer. I think it runs to 26 Jan. What clothes did you wear to travel home in? Jeans probably uncomfy am thinking can get away with scruffy tracky bottoms as being driven door to door. Don't want to buy new but ones I have are strictly indoors only wouldn't be seen dead normally outside my front door. Got a onsie for Xmas would love to travel in that lol.

I am in my room at THG. Room overlooking duck pond so very picturesque and peaceful. I am going to be last on the list apparently so it will be hours yet. I am not hungry or thirsty so no worries there yet. That could change as the hours go by.

Strangely I am not nervous if anything talk with driver on the way down has made me feel even better about doing this. He was so positive and is a credit to the company. If all staff turn out to be like him I am in safe hands. Only really seen receptionist and bloods man so far and they were lovely too.

Will keep you posted x

I have just been given a glass of water. Not going to be going down for surgery till turned 6 pm. Gonna be a long boring day.

My earlier message hasn't posted and/or is with moderator for approval? Anyway I am here at dolan park waiting for surgery

Good luck with the banding. I was banded on sunday 5th January at Dolan Park by Mr Super, they will really look after you there. Take it easy and rest up for a few days and drink peppermint tea to relieve the wind.

Thanks have just come round after a good night's sleep. Feel ok just as if I had done a 100 sit ups (as if I'd know). No dreaded wind pain. Small neat scars. I have been discharged (6am) but not sure when driver will come. All in all I feel surprisingly good. Losers bench here I come x

Thats really good news, I didn't get any wind pain for about three days, but only lasted about two hours. You will feel tired for the next week, make sure you get plenty of rest and keep your fluid intake up. I am one week banded today and have so far lost 8lbs since last sunday, nothing came off for the first few days due to being bloated and the anaesthetic. Welcome to the losers bench x

I am finally home. Driver arrived at 11am so had to wait awhile. Everyone at dolan park has been lovely. I have a bit of pain in shoulder but not too bad. Actual surgery sites are pain free and I feel great. Let's hope I have same weight loss as you Donna I would be thrilled with 8lb loss.

I jumped on the scales the day after surgery and hadnt lost any weight, took two days before the scales moved, I finding the more I up my calorie intake the better the weight loss, I am aiming for around 600/700 calories a day which is hard when you are on fluids. I am also finding it hard to drink cold drinks, they give me pains in my chest, but hot drinks are going down fine.

Back