• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

thg january surgery

congrats on being a loser plenty of rest and dont over do things will check for updates

I have had 3 coffees 2 x horlic and 1 x slimmest. Slimmest cold took me about an hour to get down. Am off to bed soon hope I sleep ok x

well by know you will have had the surgery and I was at the same hospital on the 27 dec 2013 ... after the wind pain .. im feeling fantastic and still loosing . so fingers crossed every thing will settle down quickly for you .. keep us posted :)

Yay, glad it all went well!
My scars are very neat, two of them have all but disappeared already. I had the same thing with my first slimfast - it was Asda own-brand latte flavour and took me forever to drink. Ever since then I've been completely unable to face that flavour, I go for Tesco chocolate cherry flavour if I have them after a fill!

Welcome to banded life:)

Thanks for supportive messages. I was up at 5am this morning which is not like me as I could normally sleep the clock round. Bit sore and uncomfy in bed but soon sorted with paracetamol. Resisted the temptation to get weighed but those scales are calling me. Anyone out there nervous about surgery don't be. THG have been marvellous and I feel great x

Couldn't resist scales any longer. Have lost 5lbs whoop whoop. I have also ventured out for a walk today and feel better for it. It's allgoing so well I wish I'd done it years ago.x

Welcome to The world of 'The Banded'....Take it easy..don't run before you can walk...you will do fine xxxx

I have finished on liquids thank goodness. It wasn't too hard but my teeth felt manky. However on week one I lost 6lbs but on week 2 I have put 1/2 lb on. I was back at work on week 2 so would say I drank much less than previous week. I know liquid phase is to recover from surgery not weight loss but I can't help being disappointed. I am terrified that eating mushy will lead to even more weight gain. On the plus side my first fill is booked for 15 Feb

Glad it's all going well. I was banded at Dolan Park and had a very positive experience too - and the same view of the duck pond!

Good luck for your first fill, I expect you'll be quite hungry by then.

Hi everyone. On sloppy but feel could eat normally. Had tuna salad for lunch no prob . Had fish in butter sauce, mash and peas for tea and am now in pain. It is like a running stitch in my left side. Hurts to breathe and wind like pain in left shoulder. What I this? Presumably I have eaten too much but my band is empty (fill 15th Feb).th portion wasn't massive fish in bag and a blob of mash. Is this pain my warning thAt I am full? Only came on once I had finished eating. Help please x

Funny you saying that, Im on mush till this Sunday, every time I try and eat fish I have the same pain, I feel like I cannot breathe too, same with chicken, I haven't tried salad but I have been eating over cooked vegetables and even tried eating a slice of bacon yesterday but gave up as it took forever to eat.

I have 1ml in a 10ml band, I still have a lot of restriction and never feel hungry, I am booked in on the 20th for my first band fill, was booked in the same day as you but I am going to Barcelona.

Hows the weight loss going?

It's a relief to hear you are the same.It has gone off a bit now. I have lost 9lbs so thrilled to bits about that. I haven't really chewed/slowed down as advised because I thought I had no restriction. Gonna be a lot more careful after today. Serves me right I suppose x. Wish I was off to Spain. Enjoy x

I ate a piece of ham the other day without thinking whilst making the kids a sandwich, it got stuck, couldnt breathe, then I was sick and felt better lol. Fantastic weight loss, doesn't it feel good getting on the scales and seeing a weight loss.

Back