• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THIS IS A MUST ~ PLEASE READ

I've listened whilst sorting out my laundry tonight Kev and it's very interesting... an interesting point was raised about the bariatric budget coming out of the 'diabetes pot'... if this happened... would that then move the focus from prevention to remission... it's an interesting debate and I came across a lady in this circumstance whilst in hospital who had been treated overseas, her 'warranty' had expired for support and my surgeon was doing his best to assist her, I don't know the outcome of how things went ultimately, but I felt her pain and anguish and she had been as desperate as me to get herself sorted out in the beginning...

It's a thought provoking debate for sure Kev xxx

Raises some interesting issues!

Glad you guys enjoyed it ... it nice to have an opportunity to see how some of the rest of the world feel about WLS patients. I feel that it is still frowned upon (in general) in all probability by those who are fortunate enough not to need it . . . yes it is very expensive and a drain on the NHS but it is swings and roundabouts – an investment now will save a considerable about in later years (medication and alike). It was an interesting point about current financial NHS / PCT limits and the selection procedure . . . I wonder how much the NHS spends on “whatever” in respect of those who have never paid a penny in (from outside UK)!

Please tell others about the link as I feel this would make and interesting debat and prehaps serve as a 'warning' to those thinking about going abroad for an op. xx

Back