• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tiny Pouches

A.Positive

Hey gang! I may be having a Bypass and I would like the smallest pouch as safely possible. To those of you that have tiny pouches , can you tell me what it's like please? Is it a good idea to ask for such a thing? Are you able to consume the right amount of calories throughout the day? Do you find food gets stuck frequently? Pros and cons please folks?

Many thanks

I would suggest that you not do something that daft hon. Think of how your narrow sleeve affected your body. Size of pouch in rny has now effect on final weight loss.

I'm my heart I thought it would be the wrong way to go.

Mine was 15ml as I'm little. Has stretched a bit and I can eat quite easily now little and often. Was a pain getting the double stricture at the beginning but since that's been sorted it's all being fine and weightloss has averaged a stone a month with barely any exercise but a fair amount of loose skin. Only thing I struggle with still is carbs. I stick to the rules rigidly. No fizz, no alcohol, no drinking while eating, high protein, low fat, low sugar. Keep us posted hon xx

Last edited:
Mine was 20 ml. I have some stretch at 2 yrs + but an appropriate amount.

Can't say that I even thought to ask
My surgeon what size pouch I had after surgery...

As yvessa said it doesn't actually dictate the overall loss...

Surely it's a tool that we work with and the end results depend on what we put into it...

The malabsorption part helps too once we have eaten ???

Please correct me if I'm wrong

No he just said to me as my height and frame was small 15ml would be the right size. Of course there's many other factors as you and Yve said xx

I was never asked or told I assumed the size they made your pouch would depend on your size and how big it was to start with, also up to the individual surgeon. 3 Years post and I have no idea at all.

I have no malabsorbtion problems really. I have ate healthily since before my op and certainly after it. I take my vitamins daily and all bloods back normal on every occasion. I can struggle if I don't chew a lump thoroughly, it gets stuck and can be painful, but that further down in bowel area.

I don't think they should be hanging around with your by bypass as you really have suffered enough. Lets get it done and over with. However they may feel your body is too weak at the moment?

Whatever happens we are with you in spirit.

Things can only get better from here on in. Good luck xxxx

Be careful what you wish for. I asked for the tiniest pouch he'd ever done and being a low risk patient I got it.

If your lovely new surgeon does the bypass just let him work his magic.

I have no clue what size mine was, the surgeon did say that he had "A bit of trouble, so my pouch was on the small side" but I was told this about 15 hours after I'd had the op and was too drowsy to ask questions.

Back