• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi

reema

hi this is reema 4weeks post op still finding it hard to drink water i find that it gets stuck an hurts so much..
one day im ok to eat like the other day i had a small cod was fine
when i tried yesterday i had 3mouthfuls an it got stuck so i really dont understand this at all..
i was told that we can become like b4 buti dont understand how that is possible as i had a gastric bypass..
could some one please help..
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Reema, I have edited your post as the original looked a little strange - not sure what had happened, but all of your profile information had been transferred into the post.

Hopefully you will get some answers now. Welcome to the forum. Have you been given any dietary advice from your provider? Where did you have your surgery?

hi reema, welcome to wls.
i'm still pre-op so can't answer you question. somone will be along soon i'm sure.
just wanted to say hi.
sue

Thanks Sam i saw Reema's post earlier and couldn't make head or tail of it.....

Hope you get your answer's Reema xx

Hey Sam how u doing? im doing ok finding it hard to drink water and not having breakfast at all.but im sure i will find away..
take care hun..xx

Hiya and welcome

About the water, try seeing if hot, warm, cool or icy cold drinks work for you. Some people find they dont do cold and some find they dont do hot any more. Try some 10 calorie soups. They are availble in morrisons and are a clear type cup a soup that are good as drinks. If drinking is just too hard have sugar free jelly as this gets plenty of fluid into you.

Food - you will find what you can eat one day you might not be able to the next. It is just one of those strange things post op. I find cod is hard to eat a lot of the time and I am now 7 months out. I find oily fish such as salmon much easier. Dont stress about the eating. Have soup if all else fails. It gets easier to eat the more relaxed you are.

Back