• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to gym or not to gym.....

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
I'm considering joining the gym.
Pro's.....possibly toning up my saggy arms etc
feeling fitter.

Con's....would have to buy trainers, tops and bottoms and leg warmers and sweatbands (joking about last two).
price of gym
walls covered in mirrors
fit people everywhere
possibly being the fattest person there
finding it really boring

:character00115::character00115::character00115:

Just getting up the courage to join and do induction would be really hard.
Can somebody convince me it would be a good idea and rubbish my con's!
xxx

My mum and dad bought me a wii fit plus when I was on pre op and it is great. Fun aswell as good exercise. Just drawer your curtains and go for it!!

Its just my opinion but the results are much better if you do, and perhaps the weight loss is a little quicker.
I was the fattest at the gym nobody bothered i just did my thing. xxx

Personally i'd say get out and get walking initially.

However i am noticing the skin on my arms is bad now and i need to start doing upper body exercises plus wanting to work on my core muscles/back etc. Luckily for me my brother in law has a 'home gym' so i may well take advantage of that, after seeing if i have enough cash or not to join a gym first....

Good luck with it and stuff what others think, you may well be the fattest to start off, but that won't last for long. Look at lotsabeefy, i bet they don't remember her old self now xx

Go for it Hun, it's amazing what peeps u meet at the gym as well as getting fit xxx somedays the eye candy is good as well !!!! x

go for it, i cant wait til i have had my post op check up to be told i can do more than walking. it will be good for your confidence and toning them areas that otherwise would go south. all the best and good luck xx

would def recommend it and it will surprise u- lots of diff ages and shapes and sizes. I am 4months postop now and wanted to join so i can work on really maximising the toning i need to do plus to help get my next 7 stone off. That way my plastic surgery will hopefully not have to be as drastic if I didnt exercise.

Without a shadow of doubt the best results are achieved by those who join the gym. Psychologically home is just not a place we associate with pushing ourselves to the levels where true permanent results are achieved. It's just to easy to find an excuse not to do it. If you're paying a membership each month then it makes you more inclined to go

Most gyms will have a array of different body types and levels of fitness and to be honest I've been a member of mine for nearly two years and and never heard or seen anyone look down their nose at anyone else. There is a bond between members I guess.

If you can afford the membership then go for it. Talk to your GP first and make sure he clears you for it but if he's happy I would say go for it.

do it go for it im 2 months post op and want 2 join can anyone tell me when your allowed to join or is it down to your surgeon to advise you xx

heya,

i feel the same, but i'm hoping to go down to a local gym next week, i have asked ahead if the help people who have insecurities, and i have said i am waiting for weight loss surgery and they seem helpful enough. ive never been before.
i just hope i have the confidence to go in alone, but i will be armed with ipod so sod the rudeness lol

I was just l;ike you last October- nervous about being the biggest, worried if everyone might laugh at me etc. The first time I walked in I was shaking like a leaf and felt sick. I could easily of run out! However I stayed and now 7 months later I absolutley love it! It is MY time and I move hige obstacles in order to go - which is unbelievable if you knew me! LOL. Take the plunge it is so worth it. The first few times are hard as you get used to it all but then somehow it becomes a sanctury. Crickey I sound mad! lol

I still haven't joined! I ordered my ipod from amazon and it got lost in the post, so I'm still waiting for another one to arrive now. I couldn't possibly go to the gym without one!
On saturday I finally found some exercise bottoms that didn't look too bad. Just need to get some trainers and a sports bra (industrial strength).
I'm hoping that when I finally have all the gear that I will stop making excuses and blooming well join.
I get on my own nerves sometimes! I always put things off for ages and then when I finally do it it's usually fine.
I'm such a chicken! Let me know when you go, we can compare notes!
xx

I was just l;ike you last October- nervous about being the biggest, worried if everyone might laugh at me etc. The first time I walked in I was shaking like a leaf and felt sick. I could easily of run out! However I stayed and now 7 months later I absolutley love it! It is MY time and I move hige obstacles in order to go - which is unbelievable if you knew me! LOL. Take the plunge it is so worth it. The first few times are hard as you get used to it all but then somehow it becomes a sanctury. Crickey I sound mad! lol
Thanks for that, makes me feel much better! I hope that I will become a gym bunny too!
xxx

go for it i love the gym now, cant get enough of it! i put my music on and carry on ..............i dont care what people think............at least i am trying x

Back