• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

to gym or not to gym.....

I'm considering joining the gym.
Pro's.....possibly toning up my saggy arms etc
feeling fitter.

Con's....would have to buy trainers, tops and bottoms and leg warmers and sweatbands (joking about last two).
price of gym
walls covered in mirrors
fit people everywhere
possibly being the fattest person there
finding it really boring

:character00115::character00115::character00115:

Just getting up the courage to join and do induction would be really hard.
Can somebody convince me it would be a good idea and rubbish my con's!
xxx

Oh please, GO FOR IT. I don't know what gym you are thinking of joining but my local one is Greens and they are a big chain. But most good gyms have the same type of facilities. The only room that usually has wall to wall mirrors is the weights room, elsewhere the mirrors are kind of scattered. There is also a Mini Gym that doubles as Ladies only at certain times.
The thing about the Gym is:- that the only person that cares how you look, is you! Seriously, everyone one else is so focused on what they are doing, that they don't notice you.
I cant honestly say that I don't particularly love just sitting using the gym equipment, but I do Aqua 4 times a week and love it and go up to the gym just for 15 minutes prior to the Aqua and I am happy with that, so thats 4 hrs a week. The classes and there are loads and loads are great fun too.
The induction doesn't take long and is very worthwhile having.
Once you have paid for membership, you have an added impetus to use it regularly too.
Anyway, good luck if you decide to join and let us all know how you get on.

I can't wait to join the gym! I'm really looking forward to it. Surgery is June 8th and I'm looking to join at the beginning of July, I should be ok to exercise on the X-trainer and treadmill then I think? And I'm dying to be able to go swimming. I don't care what I look like, or what other people think, I need to do this for me.
xXx

sydenham said:
Oh please, GO FOR IT. I don't know what gym you are thinking of joining but my local one is Greens and they are a big chain. But most good gyms have the same type of facilities. The only room that usually has wall to wall mirrors is the weights room, elsewhere the mirrors are kind of scattered. There is also a Mini Gym that doubles as Ladies only at certain times.
The thing about the Gym is:- that the only person that cares how you look, is you! Seriously, everyone one else is so focused on what they are doing, that they don't notice you.
I cant honestly say that I don't particularly love just sitting using the gym equipment, but I do Aqua 4 times a week and love it and go up to the gym just for 15 minutes prior to the Aqua and I am happy with that, so thats 4 hrs a week. The classes and there are loads and loads are great fun too.
The induction doesn't take long and is very worthwhile having.
Once you have paid for membership, you have an added impetus to use it regularly too.
Anyway, good luck if you decide to join and let us all know how you get on.

Agree with this post 100%. if anyone dies look at you they are probably just noticing a new face or thinking good on you for getting to the gym and doing something about it.

Back