• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To snack or not to snack? And food ideas please

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi everyone,
I am almost 9 months post op now.
I don't tend to snack routinely unless I am scoffing something naughty:eek:
What do you successful post oppers do? Plan snacks in even if not hungry to keep metabolism ticking or just stick to 3 meals a day?
What kind of things do you eat or snack on?
I usually have egg, all bran or porridge for brekkie, something like houmous and crudites, plus yogurt and fruit for lunch then whatever for dinner...spag bol, fish and veg, roast dinners, chilli....
I no longer have a bad reaction to sugar so willpower is having to come into play bigtime....
Anyone wanna share their menus or thoughts?
Leanne x

My post op plan was 3 small meals plus 2-3 protein snacks. These would be a babybel, some cold meat, some tuna & cheese, some nuts or a protein shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thankyou. Hope you are well x

i tend to eat 6 times a day im 26 months post op
my menu yesturday was
poached egg and 1 slice of seeded bread
banana
chicken curry and salad no rice
2 ryvita dunkers 1oz cheese grapes
oat and nut protien bar
mango

Thanks for the ideas ladies x

I eat pretty often too, usually babybell light is my snack of choice lol.....I have crab sticks too and Ryvita mini in salt and vinegar. Lately though I am really enjoying my fruit and have that more than ever :D Good luck hun XX

my dietician today said no snacks just 3 meals aday and I'm 8 months out

I snack Leanne.

I would never last with 3 meals a day, but the meals I eat are small, so an hour or 2 after I eat I'm hungry again.

Little and often for my good self.

Babybel light, prawns, cup a soup, cold meat, crackers or water biscuits, banana, Mullerlight.

I do like to snack.

Nom nom nom.

xxx

I agree with Pooks Daftmoo, I wouldnt eat enough food if I ate 3 times a day. Maybe thats why your weight is not coming off as much as you would like. I was told no grazing.....but 3 meals a day plus at least 2 snacks. Might be worth giving it a try :D XX

I usually snack on light babybels with slices of apple, fruit like peaches or nectarines or sticks of pineapple, mango or melon, grapes, Kallo flavoured rice cakes or maybe a small handful of nuts.

I usually have three meals and three snacks.
Breakfast is a small slice of wholemeal toast with 2-3sp baked beans.
Lunch is a couple of chicken pieces, sp cottage cheese and a couple of crackerbreads
Dinner is liver and onions, mashed potatoes and a couple of peas.
I snack on cottage cheese or philly on a cracker or some chicken wings or similar.

I eat up to ten times a day and consider each time I eat a meal not a snack. Snacks are what made me fat so I avoid them.

Typical daily intake for me would be

6.00 Protein shake
7.15 12 Grapes
8.00 Cereal with whole milk
10.30 Fage yogurt
12.00 Tuna salad with beansprouts lentils and beenshoots
2.00 Banana
3.00 Pear
5.00 Protein bar
7.00 Dinner chicken or chili etc
9.00 Bagel with cream cheese

This is what works for me but I don't advocate it for anyone else