• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too cautious or sensible?

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Tonight I decided that at over 10 months post-bypass, I would be brave and try for the first time since the op, one of my absolute favourite things in the world - a barbecued corn cob. I know 10 months is a long wait but OMG it was worth it! No butter, nothing else, just a corn cob........ In heaven! It stayed down, it doesn't hurt, and I am like a pig in erm...... CLOVER!! :)

Anyone else waited months and months to try something that they used to love, because they were so scared that they wouldn't tolerate it and therefore induce utter misery?? And then found it was absolutely fine and they needn't have worried at all??

(White bread........ Nah, still not brave enough for that one!)

Apple for me but only 3 months lol

Nooooooo I'm too scared as every time I try some of tose hard to tolerate foods I get paaaaiiin! Uuuuurgh.
Corn on the cob - dreamy!

Glad it's not just me then! :D

Seriously though, I think it's always best to err on the side of caution even when your op is a distant memory, I still occasionally get caught out by a bit of overcooked chicken or beef, or not chewing nuts quite long enough! Theres nothing like complacency to kick you straight back into line!!

Back