• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TOTALLY FED UP

BlueDiamond

Hiya all

After 3 days of getting trying to get through to the psyche department I finally got through to be told I needed to call another number, anyway's I called the other number and told them that I received a letter from dietician and my referral for eating disorder/psyche clinic on 24th August , after waiting about 10 mins for her to find me on the system she told me that they had only received my referral :mad: when I explained that the referral was dated 24th August and I the copy was sent to them (as it showed on my letter, as well as one to my gp also) she informed me that they take the referrals from when they recieve them and how urgent they are etc..........Also she informed me that have weekley meetings and discuss whats actions go from there. I also informed her my surgeons appointment next month and what was my likelyhood of seeing the psyche Doc before then, only to be told probably not for another couple of months.......Tbh I am thinking of cancelling the surgeons appointment because they will seem little point going because I was told by surgeons secretary that I will not be considered for anything until psyche Docs report is back and dont want to waste surgeons time............From referral (dietician to psyche doc has taken about 8 months now) I dont know if its me but this seems an awful long time......:rolleyes: I do not even know when I will be seeing psyche doc as secretary was a bit evasive about appointments etc, so I am no closer to knowing anything............Sorry to rant on so much but I thought things would have all been back in time ready for my surgeons appointment and I would get a decision when I go next month......maybe its not meant to be eh gals and guys :confused:

Thanks in advance for listening;)
All the best and have a nice week - MeJulie xx

Julie I did'nt have to have a psyche test but 8 months does seem a very long time to wait. Keep ringing and asking if there's any cancellations. Tell them the situation with the surgeon and that you'll come in at very short notice if need be. Good luck Juliexxx

sorry your having a tough time darling xxxx

Is it possible to call PALS and get guidance on how to proceed? That seems like such a long wait.

Hi Julie sorry you are so disappointed, however I wouldnt cancel your surgeon appt if I was you as he might get the appt sorted when he sees you, and at least you have seen him and he knows he is going to do the surgery and is likely to want to hurry the psych appt through

Please please dont give up Julie and dont cancel your surgeons appt.

Jay xx

Totally agree with Fairyring - dont cancel anything. I know the psyche wait at the Whittington is around months but things can always be expedited - when you see the surgeon, ask him to push for the psych if he thinks its absolutely necessary as you are desperate to get the surgery asap - wouldnt normally suggest it but crying also works really well! Hang in there and stay strong. We all have to go through these hurdles and it just makes your resolve and determination to have surgery stronger and reinforces the fact that you are making the right decision.

Sorry you are having a rough time Julie. Agree with the others, dont cancel your surgeons appointment.

At Walsall Manor, not everyone gets referred to the psyche, but some of those that do get referred dont have their first psyche appointments till after the surgery (not sure what the logic is in that??)

ANyway, what I'm trying to say is that your surgeon might be willing to proceed, knowing that the psyche appointment is in the pipeline.

Good luck hun xx

Hi Julie, Waiting can be frustrating can't it? Which hospital are you going to? I'm booked at the Spire and I'm also waiting for my psych and cardiac referral. I had a letter this week saying they had received the referral, but, it would take 8-15wks before I was contacted to arrange an appointment. I phoned them up and was advised to ask my GP to re refer me as an urgent case as my funding for wls surgery is only guaranteed for this financial year. My GP re referred me the same day, so I am now waiting to see what will happen. Kath said the psych referral was to ensure that you had coping mechanisms in place following wls surgery, as food could no longer be used for this.
Hope this helps a little.

Rebirth

Back