• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Totally surprised myself today!

Ines4C

Well today I totally surprised myself. I managed to jog further than I ever thought I could. I managed to jog almost half a mile without stopping! Then had a brief one minute break and jogged back with only one short brisk walking break! I am totally proud of myself... Oh and I also did squats, jumping jacks, arm exercises and 100 crunches after that. Guys, keep exercising, you might surprise yourselves by how much you can do!

well done to you :)

there's a beginners ladies running club in Cheltenham ( I go to the Churchdown one!) which is great as it's nice not to run alone think the next group will start in January which maybe worth checking out :)

I hit the streets of Chelt for running but it's nice not to do it alone - but great job :)

I so need to check out if they would be happy to guide me, as I can't see. Would love to do that, I would love to do 5K by next spring or summer. Also going to get a treadmill, so I can work out when it's rainy. Thank you for the recommendation of the beginners runners club, I'm going to check that out. X

Well another surprise on the way, I just managed to jog to kilometers without stopping, in 16 minutes! I am so shocked and amazed about what I can do... If I keep going like this, I can certainly make 5K by spring.

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!

Thanks... Feeling amazing. Can't believe I' the same person who, 18 months ago, couldn't walk five minutes without lower back pain!

isnt it the most wonderful feeling :) you're doing great :)

There's all sorts of activities around Chelt to be honest, I'm currently looking at boxfit but don't know if I'm brave enough to venture on my own lol

Due to my visual impairment, I am quite limited in what exercise I can do. Apart from Pilates and hopefully the runners club from January, I am training mainly on my own. I do think I am doing more than enough right now... Yay for more energy!

Amazing hun you must be so proud of all you have achieved Inesc. xx

did you make contact with the club? I'm going to go back and do the beginners level again as I'm not ready for the 5 milers the advanced group do, I run with the Churchdown lot which is on a Tuesday night if you wanna join us there. Caitlyn the lady who runs it is lovely and the group is a mixed bunch of ability too :)

Would be hard for me to get their as I don't drive. I will try Cheltenham first, haven't contacted them yet. Would still like to meet up with you though. :)

I am in Stroud. Would be interested in meeting for coffee if anyone fancied it. I am 18 months out from a bypass and have been at (now bmi of 21) for a little while. Always good to speak to people who understand though.

That's amazing, would love to meet up with you at some point as I'm also a bypass but only six and a half months out.

Smashed my personal best again today, jogged for 20 minutes, 2.7 km... Almost 1 1/2 miles. Very pleased, legs hurt now though.

Good heavens Ines, that is amazing. Props to you. I can just about hasten my gait for a few metres to catch the bus ... But at least I'm not now carrying the weight equivalent to a 10 year old child which I have lost since my bypass. Scary thought that, but an excellent NSV.

Keep going and posting - you are an inspiration x

So just when I start enjoying running, I get a pain in my foot... On top of the foot and also towards the shin. Can't exercise now and scared I won't make it under fourteen stone by Christmas!!

Could be shin splints hun :(... Rest up for a couple of weeks then build it up slowly again. I had them for a few months just because I was walking a bit more. My muscles just weren't used to being put to work. Xx

Could be shin splints hun :(... Rest up for a couple of weeks then build it up slowly again. I had them for a few months just because I was walking a bit more. My muscles just weren't used to being put to work. Xx
it's funny how I used to be happy about an injury because it would give me an excuse not to work out... Now rest up is the last thing I want to hear! lol

Back