• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travel insurance for sleeve

bex986

Have booked to go away to spain in sept, 6 months after my gastric sleeve, but can not find any travel insurance company that will cover the gastric sleeve. They cover the band and bypass but not the sleeve :-/ any suggestions??

Anyone??

Sorry Bex... i don't have an answer, but i noticed that 72 people had read your post but nobody has replied.

To be honest I don't even consider that we'd need different travel insurance as i normally just use the one that comes free with my bank.

Sorry Bex... i don't have an answer, but i noticed that 72 people had read your post but nobody has replied. To be honest I don't even consider that we'd need different travel insurance as i normally just use the one that comes free with my bank.
Check with your bank my free one wanted a huge premium to cover my bypass, and said if I'd chosen to have the op rather than being advised medically to have it they wouldn't cover me at all! you must let travel insursnce know as even if you had a medical problem abroad that had no link to your surgery your insurance could be invalid as you hadnt updated any medical conditions.

Have tried everywhere as want it covered,
Have typed in obesity and it does come up have you had any surgery so maybe able to do it that way, have asked my dietician who is going to find out if she can find anything for me.
Thanks for replies xx

Back