• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy pain?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like I'm currently experiencing...

Past few days, I've had a constant pain in my tummy and it has kept me awake during the night. At first, I thought it was trapped wind but it seems slightly different than that. My tummy, just below my ribs, is very bloated and feels absolutely solid. Hurts when I apply pressure to that area. Yesterday, I was sick 3 times within 2 hours after drinking a milkshake.

Anything I eat or drink gives me a lot of gargling and rumbling and the pain increases for the next few hours so I've ate very little. Have also had quite a lot of heart burn, which is unusual since heart burn has been a rare thing since my bypass.

Haven't been to the toilet since this begun, despite taking a few senokot tablets. Yesterday was really painful but today, it's more bearable except when I eat. Not sure if it merits a call to NHS 24?

A quick Google of my symptoms says it could be bowel obstruction although I've learned not to listen to what Google says. :p

I would think it sounds like some sort of blockage should really get it checked out it shouldnt be like that. Get them rang even for advice think thye may want to see you, could be an ulcer or anything, might just be plain old indigestion but doub tit as its gone on a while now get them rung n good luck hope you get sorted quickly, better to be safe than sorry x

I would think it sounds like some sort of blockage should really get it checked out it shouldnt be like that. Get them rang even for advice think thye may want to see you, could be an ulcer or anything, might just be plain old indigestion but doub tit as its gone on a while now get them rung n good luck hope you get sorted quickly, better to be safe than sorry x

Thanks for your reply.

I'll give them a call first thing in the morning if I don't feel any better. Going to take another few senokot tablets to see if that'll help me go to the toilet in the morning.

I've been massaging my tummy regularly to see if that would help, assuming it's a blockage. :(

My dad had a bowel blockage and he was in extreme pain and really really poorly, He was admitted and had an operation the same evening.

I hope you are feeling better.

How bad is the pain? twisted bowel is something we have to be aware of and pain in the intestines/stomach area and not going to the toilet are early symptoms. Make sure you get it checked out asap if you are still in pain, blockages can be dangerous and twisted bowel even worse so stay on top of it if it isn't better x

Hi Shelley, how are you feeling now as I have had something similar for last two days and am in a lot of pain!

My pain seemed to have gotten better although I'm still getting an occasional twinge, I'm going to put it down to being really constipated.

NHS 24 didn't seem too concerned, just told me to make an appointment with my GP but I wasn't able to due to working all week. I was finally able to go to the toilet yesterday (after 7 uncomfortable days of constipation!), had started taking double dosage of senokot, twice a day and it finally kicked in.

I've had constipation before but this felt so different, much more painful. Anyhow, I hope I don't experience it again!

Has anyone tried suppositories? Have been told these are very effective and after so many laxatives with no results, am getting desperate???

Has anyone tried suppositories? Have been told these are very effective and after so many laxatives with no results, am getting desperate???

Gaynor I have got Movecol and suppositories. I find the suppositories work best. I hate the taste of the Movecol and they make me wretch so I have just been using the suppositories. Within 15 minutes of using one I go to the toilet but the only problem is I don't think they clear me fully, I only go a bit but I suppose that's better than nothing. They are called bisacodyl.

I'll tell you what is good if your bunged up... Milk of magnesia it doesn't taste the best and I always take a little more than advised but it definatly works although be aware its pretty instant within an hour or so

I had a 'moment' last year that needed a multi pronged attack. I am now fully up to speed on what child birth feel like.

I tried Fybogel for a couple of days, then went for:
1) Double dose of sickly sweet softener, can't remember the name, just the gagging.

2) 3 pills of Ducolax (instead of 2)

Things still not moving in the morning.......

3) Double dose of the adult Ducolax suppositories

Gritting teeth and profusely sweating to hold 'in' as long as possible

IT was born.

I try to keep on top of things a bit more proactively now and will periodically have Fybogel for a few days every so often (also gagging at this one!)

Thanks everyone, am going to try the suppositories and if these don't work, will take a trip to A & E as the pain is now becoming unbearable! Will keep you posted x

Back