• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update

dumplin

iv not posted for a while because iv been nursing my mum who's fighting cancer. I havent had a minute to myself.
This is just to say that the weight is still going in the right direction! i have lost 29lbs now since 11th August. it has slowed down but my food choices have been pretty rubbish to be honest these last few weeks and i have eaten stress relieving foods like chocolate, biscuits and cake! my portions are greatly reduced though and i am loving that. a happy meal fills me and i cant finish the shake! today i had to buy an outfit for a wedding this weekend. i tried on size 18 trousers and i had to go back and get the 16! i haven't bought a size 16 in a lot of years. i wanted to shout out yesss! but as i was on my own i just let out a squeak instead. :)

Hello, im so sorry to here about your mum.
My mum has Alhziemers and my life has changed drastically since her diagnosis about 5 months ago.
Diet days coupled with pigging out days because of the stress, its so hard.

Im due a bypass in December hopefully.

You are doing fantastic with your weight loss lovey, and you should be so proud of it.

Sending loving thoughts to you all. xxxx

Well done on the weight loss & size 16!!

Sorry to hear bout your mam. Remember to look after yourself too.

anju

Hi Dumpling

So sorry to about your mum.

I am a newbie and just posted a query about the POSE procedure. I know how it works in thory having trawled the internet, and am interested in having it done as opposed to the band.

I just wanted to know whether the surgeon pointed any major risks or dsrawbacks and whether you could give any info or feedback on what its like in practice. How good is the restriction and can it be reversed?

well done on your brilliant loss. This is so encouraging.

Anju x

Hi Dumpling

So sorry to about your mum.

I am a newbie and just posted a query about the POSE procedure. I know how it works in thory having trawled the internet, and am interested in having it done as opposed to the band.

I just wanted to know whether the surgeon pointed any major risks or dsrawbacks and whether you could give any info or feedback on what its like in practice. How good is the restriction and can it be reversed?

well done on your brilliant loss. This is so encouraging.

Anju x

i wanted to shout out yesss! but as i was on my own i just let out a squeak instead. :)

Firstly, so very sorry to hear about your Mum, what a truly awful time for you. I can totally understand why the diet isn't taking priority & I hope you aren't beating yourself up too much about it, especially as you are still losing. Bless you at having to squeak instead of shouting out loud!!!! xxx

Thank you all. The people of this site are lovely.
Alhziemers is heartbreaking and frustrating. I think my mum has the start of that. she is getting very confused and is forgetting and mixing up things that are happening. i want my mum back and she doesn't seem to be in there anymore. I have moved in with her though and i am treating her like a queen, which is the only comfort in it all (apart from cake lol). that i know shes being looked after properly.
I haven't beaten myself up too much, I probably will if i don't sort myself out in a few weeks though! xx
how do you thank people? i see in the side bar it says thanked * times in * posts but how do you thank people?
Hi Anju,
I dont remember any real drawbacks being mentioned other than the usual anesthetic risks and that it just might not work.
in my case i feel it has worked. it has reduced the size of portions i can eat. I am 5'4" so quite short and my brother is 6'4" and a hard working fisherman. I used to eat the same amount as him! now he cannot believe that i am eating the same amount as my 8year old daughter.
It really has made a huge difference to my food intake. I should be making better food choices and when i do i am sure the weight will come off much quicker again as it is still coming off slowly even though i have been eating high calorie foods for the last few weeks. Its an amazing tool. every time i have a meal i still cant believe the size of the portion that satisfies me compared to what i ate before.
I would recommend it.
take care all xxxxxx

anju

:) hi dumpling, thanks for the advice.

well done, you are doing great and my thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

i am thinking of having the pose but am worried if it does not work. is there any risk of infection in the folds they make.

anyway lots of hugs

firstly, sending much love to you and so sorry about your mum.
secondly, well done on your brilliant weight loss. Do stay in touch as you can. Hugs. xxxxxxxx

I have booked myself for a Pose procedure in May however i am still hesitating. It has been helpful to have someone else's insight.

I have booked myself for a Pose procedure in May however i am still hesitating. It has been helpful to have someone else's insight.

What's that pls?

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Did you get the procedure. Im planning to do the POSE this month and would love to hear from anyone else and success stories.
Kind Regards

Back