• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im new please advise me help needed i feel lost with no way out

biggirltrina

hi all im trina im currently 25s 8lbs my bmi 57.7 what iv just calculated on a website,
im 34 years old I have a lovely family partner of 18 years 3 lovely daughters aged 11/13/16
my eldest is severly disabled wheelchair bound unable to talk,walk,ect she is sever epileptic anyway just giving u a background well my journey began just over a year ago I hit rock bottom I didn't want to live any more I was and still am being bullied by strangers in the street because of my size,iv been to that many diet clubs all lasted around a months regained weight and more
I went to my gp over a year ago I am in the last size clothes I have 1 shop evans to go to I was and still am getting into debt as I search internet down for bigger size clothes plus pills that say loose so much,well I vsited my gp over a year ao I told him how I feel he sent me to see a dietician again that never lasted I was told there was no funding for surgery so in the end I gave up fighting
anyway the last few months my health as took a turn for worse iv tried gym but my breathing is uncontrollable iv had sergury on my feet due to my weight and suffering heel spurs I now cant walk far I went to my gp again his mornig and I told him again I want surgery or I cant carry on her said I got to go back next week and will take it from there I just cn take another let down I want a life im sitting here in tears writing his im so ashamed of myself

welcome :)

I relate to a lot of where you are as before I had my surgery I had a 54 BMI, many issues and evans clothes were too small, and even though I'm having issues with my band it's changed my life in that I've lost 11 stone!

Do all you can, speak to people and read away, and be determined that it can be a long difficult journey but fingers crossed :)

thankyou I just feel drained emotionaly and physically just don't want to be here anymore I cant go ut as I cant fit in chairs,cant go on holiday as always suck in black bloody trouser due to cankles,i get shouted at in streets

Just wanted to say hello & welcome and good luck with getting surgery x

Hi love. You really need to push this now. Things have changed recently with regards to funding and I finally got my go ahead last July after 4 big fat "NO"'s.

You have got to be on top of this with regards to your G.P. and chase it all the way. Don't sit and wait to hear and not all GP's are conscientious and neither are the Weight Management teams. I drove mine mad.

Just the fact now that you have a BMI of over 50 should make you qualify due to changes.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

jane x

Hi and welcome. You are going through the mill aren't you? We are here to offer what support and information we can - we have all sorts of backgrounds and issues but all the same want - a better future life.
From what I have read, things haven't been easy for you, but you have also dealt with a lot in your life so you must be a pretty strong person. Hang on in there - there is always hope. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

Hi there my lovely :) just wanted to wish you a very warm welcome and to send a virtual hug your way :) i too can relate a bit to your story regards to my weight.... i hit 23stone a few years back, mainly due to ill health, but then the vicious cycle began because i was pretty much house bound i couldn't move enough to burn any sort of calories off. So in the end no matter how good or small i was eating it all resulted in weight gain..... Then on top i got weight related problems, my lymphatic system (because i didn't move around) began to give me terrible trouble, i became intolerant to lots of this, i got painful lumps up all over my body and generally felt so ill i really didn't want to carry on. Every day tbh i wished it would all come to an end...... But one day i visited GP for one of my many lumps............... and he said 'your fat' imaging my surprise!!! lol anyway very long story short i was referred for WLS i got a gastric band fitted just over 10 weeks ago, ok it wasn't an easy journey, but now i honestly feel like a different person.... life has got meaning again.............. and i know too this can be you too :) for now you need to hang in there :) your are an amazingly strong woman........... look how much you have achieved over the years, please don't let others put you down or make you feel so bad...... as for your GP make sure She really knows this is your last chance hotel, with bmi of over 50 there should be no reason to turn you away.... research all you can regarding the criteria in your area and take it with you to gp appointment. I know the NHS route is not the quickest, but as soon as your under the weight management team they will give you all the support you need x x x x Huge hugs sweetheart i wish you all the very best x x

Hello mate!
you have so found the right place,dont ever feel ashamed of how your feel I guess some of us have all been where you are and something in you say enough is enough life has to be better than this.
taking that first step is part of a at times a long old path till you get to the end .I am by no means near the end im maybe 1/2 there (pre op) but each step has taught me a lesson about myself.
all the very best of luck on starting on your path to a better you.

hi and welcome get all the info you can and go back to your gp or another within the practice if there is another sometimes one is more sympathetic than another but you are taking the right steps and you will always be supported here and never alone it is a long hard slog to get there but it can be done

Aww guys thankyou for making me feel so welcome I will keep you all updated when I get my appointment with gp next week I just hope they wont fob me ofv again with dieticions as been down this route betore x

Not this time hunni :) stand your ground...... for me i used to alway be an emotional wreck when at GPs but go prepared, take the other half if you have to ........... do what ever it takes to get heard..... as Princess says if no joy try a different Gp within the practice :) Don't ever feel alone and desperate hunni there is tons of support here................. and we've all been there :) x x

Hello and welcome, I'm so pleased that you have found this forum so that you have all these lovely people to help and support you in your journey. People can be do cruel, vile infact, keep your head held high, we all have our place and purpose in this life and no one has the right to make us feel otherwise.

Stick to your guns with your gp, cry do what you have to and make him know that this is affecting you so deeply, there is a way forward for you and once you are on that road you will feel more positive I'm sure. Sending you a big hug, I think you need one xxxxx please update us and best of luck xxxxc

Hi and welcome! Please don't feel ashamed! I agree with the others don't let this rest, keep on at your GP and if you don't get the answer you want go to a different GP in the surgery. Good luck, keep is updated with your progress! I have my fingers & toes crossed for you! Xxx

hi all im trina im currently 25s 8lbs my bmi 57.7 what iv just calculated on a website, im 34 years old I have a lovely family partner of 18 years 3 lovely daughters aged 11/13/16 my eldest is severly disabled wheelchair bound unable to talk,walk,ect she is sever epileptic anyway just giving u a background well my journey began just over a year ago I hit rock bottom I didn't want to live any more I was and still am being bullied by strangers in the street because of my size,iv been to that many diet clubs all lasted around a months regained weight and more I went to my gp over a year ago I am in the last size clothes I have 1 shop evans to go to I was and still am getting into debt as I search internet down for bigger size clothes plus pills that say loose so much,well I vsited my gp over a year ao I told him how I feel he sent me to see a dietician again that never lasted I was told there was no funding for surgery so in the end I gave up fighting anyway the last few months my health as took a turn for worse iv tried gym but my breathing is uncontrollable iv had sergury on my feet due to my weight and suffering heel spurs I now cant walk far I went to my gp again his mornig and I told him again I want surgery or I cant carry on her said I got to go back next week and will take it from there I just cn take another let down I want a life im sitting here in tears writing his im so ashamed of myself

Hi there Trina, and welcome!!!
Sending you a big hug and a smile!!! Well done for getting this far, just keep on at your GP!! There is light at the end of this dark tunnel, you might not be able to see it at the moment, but believe me I am heading towards it!!! I had a sleeve gastrectomy on 3rd jan 2014, and so far have lost 3stone 10 lbs, but more than that I have gone from a size 26-28 to a size 20 in M&S jeans!!!! And feel so much better!!! I have a hubby and 2 children 9 and 5 years, and have so much more energy for the kids!!! You sound like a strong lady to have come this far with all the hurdles in your way, so just keep strong, keep your chin up (put 2 fingers up to those cruel people) and you will begin to see the chink of light at the end of that dark tunnel!!!!!

Love salliebeth xxxx

Hello and welcome! Now you've found this site you can get all the support you need. Now go and FIGHT for surgery, it can and will change your life.

All the very best hun, and don't let the b****** get you down, you're a wonderful person.

Hi there Trina.

Ur post has really saddened me... and Im SO sorry that you have been made to feel so bad and worthless. YOU ARE NOT... and there is certainly no-one who has the right to judge you and make you feel ashamed. PLEASE dont... you are not alone, and Im glad you have found this site. I know I cant give you a hug personally - but Im sending you one.

Just to explain my story - Im 45 and was 34st... waited 2yrs for surgery and in Oct 2013, I had a gastric bypass. Im now 17st 12lbs and my life is SO much better - not 100% well but Ive not looked back.

Now when I started looking into surgery (as I realised it was my ONLY solution)... I was SO big I felt worthless, hated going out, felt everyone was judging me... and the final straws were sitting on chairs and them breaking (v embarrassing!), having trouble getting more 7XL shirts (62" waist trousers) and like you not being able to afford them... wearing the same old clothes day after day (loose and baggy!)... I also walked with a stick, was popping SO many pills (painkillers etc - was taking over 10 tramadol at one time and it still not helping!) as I couldnt walk more than 20yds without being in pain etc. Sitting down every 2mins etc... and in the end avoiding going out etc as I knew I couldnt walk... so I do understand your issues.

Anyhow.. when I first went to see my GP, I was fobbed off... and I was SO unhappy and lacking confidence etc - low with depression too etc... I gave up... but then I saw an advert about an open day at the local BUPA hospital for surgery. I went along and understood first hand what actually happened etc... but there was no way I could afford £10K +... so left enlightened but sad as I knew I couldnt afford it.... then the next day I made an appointment with my GP, and by chance I saw another Doctor (a locum)... she was SO supportive and prescribed Orlistat and referred me to the Weight Management Team from the IPC at Worthing. Eventually I had an appointment and saw the counsellors and dieticians etc... and after a year of weekly exercise classes and 6mth visits to Dr and weigh ins, food diaries, counselling etc... I showed them that I had indeed showed commitment etc... and in March 2013 I was eventually referred for NHS funding. I cried. FINALLY it was a light at the end of the tunnel....

In July 2013, I had my 1st appointment at the hospital (St Richard's, Chichester) and in Oct 2013, I had my op. 6mths on - I am literally half the man I was!!!

I know its not easy - but if the GP isnt helpful, go to another GP, another surgery... PLEASE DONT GIVE UP!!!! x

Back