• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karlos is a well respected member of this forum. He is one of the first to offer excellent and sensible advice and support to forum members.

He's also very concerned about the well being of forum members.

He has a number of good points that you are ignoring because you don't like his style. A number of you are being even ruder with name calling than you are accusing Karlos of being.

Firstly - he is suggesting that all wls patients are given advice to follow by the professionals - and that it makes sense to follow that advice. Sounds like a sensible suggestion to me.

Secondly - he is suggesting that people come to forums for advice - and they gain that advice by asking but also by reading older threads - a thread that suggests it's ok to ignore the professionals advice is not a good thing. Again, seems eminently sensible to me that you would try to correct this for the benefit of future readers.

It isn't good to ignore the advice of your providers. We all make mistakes though - so to the OP I would say - try and stick the rules from now on.

To the others I would suggest you question whether you want to support people's success - or whether you just want to be nice (except to Karlos) at all costs. I know which one will benefit the OP most. Do you?

Until you can point out where exactly I have said not to follow medical advice then you have no argument.
Dinky, I agree, raspberries!!! Ha ha! Some people. Peh!

What a nasty 'man' you are. People are seeking reassurance, not lectures! If you're 'an experienced' wls patient what are you doing on here? You're negativity is not appreciated. I've even received a personal message from someone on here about your rudeness so I know I'm not alone with this.

And i'm afraid your 'comprehension skills' have let you down, because all of that last post was complete and utter nonsense and purely your misinterpretation. Never mind. Why listen to me? I'm merely a fellow wls patient.....oh, and a professional. Nurse.

Yeah aren't you the professional psychiatric nurse who came on here bleating for psychiatric advice :D.

As for what I'm doing here well until you pay for the bandwidth that's none of your business but unlike some who only use these forums to have people tell them how great they've done, I believe as an NHS patient I have a duty to pay back for the chance I was given by offering useful advice from my real three year experiences.

I reckon my comprehension skills are just fine thanks, the only person posting rubbish is you lady, and I wouldn't listen to you, you and your views are meaningless to me, I am only worried about the people who read your crap and might think you know your arse from your elbow. Your immaturities speak for themselves well done you

Ok this is getting out of hand now, can we draw a line under this now and move on. Any further discussions are best kept to private messages.

I would like to point out though that experienced WLS patients are just as welcome as members who are pre op! We are lucky to have the few long termers that take the time to respond to threads.

Not following the advice given by your bariatric team is certainly not to be endorsed - but yes people do make mistakes.

Lets get back to being supportive please.

I would like to say that although I do find Karlos abrupt at times he always has the posters best interests and well being at the forefront of what he says.

it's not always easy to take the truth but as he has said not following advice re meal plan can have major complications and yes if I had got away with it I maybe would feel aggrieved at the nurse telling me off but you have to reflect on this and realise she was probably disappointed that you had not followed the instructions that you had been given.

We are all allowed our opinions and this is a forum to share the good the bad and the ugly. Support comes in all forms and when my time comes I hope Karlos will be there to be harsh when I do wrong and celebrate with his humour when needs be.

Rant over. Now let's all play nicely LOL

Karlos said:
Yeah aren't you the professional psychiatric nurse who came on here bleating for psychiatric advice :D.

As for what I'm doing here well until you pay for the bandwidth that's none of your business but unlike some who only use these forums to have people tell them how great they've done, I believe as an NHS patient I have a duty to pay back for the chance I was given by offering useful advice from my real three year experiences.

I reckon my comprehension skills are just fine thanks, the only person posting rubbish is you lady, and I wouldn't listen to you, you and your views are meaningless to me, I am only worried about the people who read your crap and might think you know your arse from your elbow. Your immaturities speak for themselves well done you

Oh dear, don't know the difference between psychological and psychiatric.

Ok, as people have ignored my request to keep any further discussions to private messages I am going to close the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back