• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vegetarian chewable vitamins

I've done a search on this site and can't find an answer to my question but apologise in advance if there was one and i missed it.

Anyhow my question is... does anyone know of a good chewable or liquid vitamin that is both veggie and has the right amount of 'stuff' in it please?

I bought some normal A-Z type pills and they are too lbig to swallow (i know this because I currently have one stuck above my band:() I also tried cutting them up but that made them pointy and also a bit uncomfortable to swallow.

Thanks.x

I don't unfortunately, but can you crush the vitamin into a yoghurt or similar?

Or you could contact Kosher Vitamins on facebook. Kosher means no forbidden animal products, so their stuff will all be either vegetarian or more likely vegan. I get a lot of stuff from there, tell her I've recommended her to you.

Or you could contact Kosher Vitamins on facebook. Kosher means no forbidden animal products, so their stuff will all be either vegetarian or more likely vegan. I get a lot of stuff from there, tell her I've recommended her to you.

thanks Ruthie but unfortunately kosher does not necessarily mean vegetarian. x

Hi

I too am in the same dilemma, and currently preparing for my pre-surgery diet. What I have found is viatbiotics feroglobin plus. Not your standard multi-vit but it looks good to me. Predominately Liquid Iron, Zinc, minerals and Vitamin B complex. It's not tested on animals and completely vegetarian and fat free.

Hope this helps.
D x

Hello fellow Veggie,
I was initially told my funding didn't include dietician input - which is quite scary when you are only 3 days post op! I contacted a nutritionalist who I knew was really good and she gave me some good information - which I'm happy to copy and send you if you like.
I am taking a high strength liquid multivitamin and b12 both are available via the biocare website. If you can afford to you are better off ordering a couple as you get free delivery if you spend over £25.

It turned out that I was entitled to see the hospital dietician but she has written to my GP to prescribe Forceval, which I won't take because of the gelatine capsule. The GP did suggest I could squeeze the contents out but that defeats the object for me. They are currently trying to source a veggie alternative.

Www.biocare.co.uk Vitasorb multivitamins and Vitasorb B12. I take them together in water/squash or yogurt - too strong on their own!

Sorry to answer in different messages, phone not as user friendly as the laptop.

Back